Chapter 45: If You

"I'm not going to help you out with that."

I nodded and looked back, down to the streets. It took him longer than I thought, to answer my question. You're kind of thinking, how I would be feeling right now, right? Well, his choice kinda wasn't what I expected to hear. Somewhere deep deep inside of me, hoped for him to say yes. We still don't know each other well, we actually just started to get to know each other. But it seems like this journey starts to end sooner than I thought. Pretty soon. But still, I wasn't showing any emotions at all. Why can't I always say anything?

Looking at Dwayne, I nodded at him and took a few steps back. His eyes not leaving mine for a second. Like a fool, I was blankly standing there. I had no idea what to do next or what exactly my next move should be. I actually had nothing to begin or start with. Turning around, I leaved the building as fast as I was able to, not looking into any specific direction.

'We were having a heartfelt conversation and I didn't showed any emotions...'

After I leaved the building, I searched for a Taxi. To my luck, there was one standing right next to the outside entrance. Walking over to the Taxi, I asked nicely enough, if he was waiting for someone.

"No you can step in" He told me and I did as he told me to. Looking over to the building, I searched for Dwayne's office. The second I found where his office was, my heartbeat started to beat faster. He was still standing in front of the window, looking down. He was watching me. 'Why? You could be happy that I'm gone now. Isn't that what you wanted?'

I told the driver, the street I wanted to go and he immediately drove off. Looking back at Dwayne, the distance we had a couple of seconds ago, started to become getting farther away. He was becoming a small dot, until his frame faded away and only a building was to be seen. Will this be our memory's if we start to have a distance? Will all of this go away the more the time passes? If this really happens to become a small part of my memory's from my youth, will I be able to say that I remember you?

____________________________

"Guess our breakup is setting"

"I should've treated you better... But it seems like I have to forget you from now on. It wouldn't be easy for me at all. I want you to know that too"

"The only thing I wanted from you, is to ask me if I was fine. I loved you, but you gave your attention to everyone else. I tried but it didn't fitted together anymore. This relationship was build up on a tender ground. All of this wasn't supposed to become something in common"

"If you're struggling like I am, can't we just make this work, I-"

"No. I gave you the opportunity many times, but you never took the chance."

"I was a fool. I know that I'm really stupid, I know that I'm a bad guy. I'm just-, I'm sorry for everything"

_____________________________

"OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SAD, DERECK THIS CAN'T BE THE END OF THEM"

"STOP SCREAMING, I'M ALREADY BLEEDING INSIDE"

"A FOOLISH MAN, A FOOL. HOW DARE THEY BREAKING UP LIKE THAT?!"

Walking through the living room, I waved the both of them and walked upstairs. A little smile build up my face and I couldn't get over the fact, that they were watching a romance movie like that. While walking upstairs, something about it felt different today. Today these stairs felt heavy. Somehow my heart knows that, today would be one of the last times I would be able to greet someone this easily.