Chapter 42: A Change.

The time passed by fast, so did the weather too.  Autumn reached by pretty fast and everyone started to wear more clothing and hided themselves behind it. But the tree didn't. The tree started to change and everyone noticed it clearly. Every day, when the Parents of that little girl brought her to school, she always looked back to that tree.

'When everyone starts to wear more and more, why does the tree gets lighter and lighter? Why does the strong and stable tree, gets vulnerable by the time?'  His leaves were his purpose, his actual beauty. With them he's able to work hard. But... at the end there was just a tree. Without any leaves, looking sad and lonely, without any strength. The more coldness arrived, the more the tree started to look naked, hurt and somehow broken. But still, after all these leaves fell, I was able to see the true self of the tree. I was able to see what we all can't see most of the time: The reality. He let those heavy leaves be taken from the wind... the Wind.

"Mom, why is no one taking notice of these trees?"

"Because they're ugly. And they're making the whole streets dirty!"  Ugly?, Dirty?

"But now you're able to see the tree by it's real side. Isn't that beauty enough?"

"Be quiet Holly!" Ugly... why is it Ugly? Why is everything that's different from others Ugly? Will I end up ugly too, if I end up giving up my purpose and show my true self? What if I do the same too? What if I let all those heavy burdens and feelings fall? Will everyone ignore me and see me as an attention seeking burden maker?

                                                 _____________________________________

He still didn't let me go. His strong grip around me didn't loosened even for a bit. He rested his head peacefully on my chest and didn't said anything. It felt like he needed this. Like he needed a long silent hug with someone he had a relation with. I was still standing on my bed with my pajama on. Caressing his head, I slowly let go of him and stepped out of the bed. What is he hiding in this facade that he is playing for 24/7?. The second he hugged me, I felt it clearly. There is something big, something emotionally huge which he is carrying every day and night with him.

Why didn't I noticed it before? Why am I noticing it only now? I started to get confused and overwhelmed, with everything that this hug had given me to know about him. I couldn't held it back anymore. I had to ask him that.

"Why?-" I trailed off. "Who are you?"

Silence. Long Silence.

"Dwayne Nicholas Hammond a 28 year old billionaire and a soldier in his past. An icon for everyone who wants to get a business going on. Your pictures are everywhere to be seen, especially in England. You have everything! But still... But still you're drowning in your own problems!"

'If you're the one that's swimming through it..., I'm the one who drowned a long time ago'

"Magazines write down things which aren't even true! Things like: He's going on a lot of Dates with Supermodels-, oh and he has a lot of scandals too!" I trailed off and turned my back to him. "Saves me from those Mafipinos. Acts like a cold stone ass and finds out everything my private life has to offer and doesn't even tells barely anything how he feels like and what he things off! And I don't even know why I'm so desperately stressed out right know!"

Silence.

I took the food which Dwayne left me on the night stand and walked my way past him to the desk. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him watching me silently, what I was doing right now.

"I'm not interested in dating." He finally spoke out.

"Then why bother buying me food?" I answered sharply, while eating.