Chapter 59: The Shades of Curiosity

'This whole day, this whole day is a mess itself. I don't know how you feel about all of this, but this is a nightmare!' I blankly stared at him. Wanting to say these words out loud.

Silence.

"Your mother always cried in silence too." he trailed off. "She never wanted me to see her tears. At those nights the  room always stayed dark. She never wanted anyone seeing her in a state like that"

Silence. 

What am I expecting to hear from him?
The night breeze started to get colder, the longer we stood there. My facial expression stayed blank, but my tears kept falling.

"I'm Sorry" he again trailed off and finally stood up from the bench facing me. "I'm sorry for not behaving the way a father normally should after loosing their child for so many years" His voice stone cold.

Still, this isn't what I'm waiting for. What do I want? He's trying to have a conversation with me! Come on Holly say something at least!

Silence.

My tears still falling down to my cheeks. What am I even expecting? Holly, please try to say something!

'why would you? He's the one who knew every step from you. Even from the day he gave you his umbrella. But he never approached you. Keep that in mind.'

Far behind us a car sound approached the mansion. Since it was silent between Dean and me, I concentrated myself on the sound far behind me.
My eyes not leaving Dean's eyes for a second.

The car door opened, and was closed right after. At that moment on, Dean's gaze went behind me.

Someone was approaching us and I'm quite sure it is someone Dean was expecting to come over. His jaw clenched and his posture started to get stiffened. I still didn't turned around, my eyes still on Dean's.

Again the night breeze met my skin, this time cooler than before. It wasn't a temperature change naturally. No, it was caused by a certain one.

From behind I heard familiar footsteps approaching us from behind.

"I love you"

His footsteps followed by my heartbeats. Every step closer to us, felt like death.

"I love you too"

Anger. Hate. Disappointment. I felt everything.

"Kidnapping her and having a serious investigation with another gangster group at the same time. Is that how you wanted to meet up with her?!" Dwayne confronted Dean with his emotionless and arctic voice. He didn't raised his voice.
It was calm, but straight to the point.

"He's really a good man Holeane. Hiding such important actions like this made him go insane. He will come back for sure. But I can't consider being nice to him again after what he did at the Hallway-" 

My tears stopped flowing. His presence gave me comfort.

Why is he even here? It's only a day since I'm here. That shouldn't mean, that I wanted to stay here.
Please don't get me wrong. For all these hours I was asleep. The narcotic medicine one of his servant's rubbed into my nose and mouth last night with a piece of fabric led me to sleep until this morning.

And the pill Dean gave me afterwards led me to sleep till night. I actually didn't had any chance to talk to him openly.

I need time. I need time to understand Dean in order to find comfort into asking him questions.