Chapter 44: It's Either Just Me Or Us

I didn't wanted to go back home with nothing in my hands than building some trouble. The door was near. I was close..., pretty close. And still the security guard was a second behind me. With pulling down the knob, I tried to stop myself from running. The second I was able to examine the room, the security guard took me by my wrist and pulled me outside the room.

'He wasn't there... Why didn't I just called him? Gosh all this trouble for nothing!' hundreds of imaginary face palm's were taking all the strength I had a few seconds ago. I don't feel ashamed. Never. It's just-,  that voice an hour ago, for just calling him popped up again and was giving me the feeling, that I had just acted like a lost child. But I shouldn't feel like this. I should stop it immediately! Why should I feel this dumb?! I did all of this for a reason. I'm proud for turning my thoughts into actions! Looking over to the reception, I saw the two of them smiling and laughing together.

"What's going on here?!"

Silence. Both of the receptionist's lost their smile and looked immediately down. Even the security guard stopped at mid place. Since his body frame covered me, it was clear that he was not seeing me. None of us four still didn't moved an inch. The silence was slowly eating the all of us into pieces. Since I couldn't held that silence anymore, I wanted to speak up, but one of the receptionists was faster in doing that than me.

"J-Just s-some girl who caused trouble" Just some girl... I'm not just someone!

Silence.

"Let her go and step to the side" the familiar cold voice demanded the security to do so. Without further do the security did as he was told and stepped to the side. Now there was me standing with my back to him, not turning around. My heartbeat was beating heavily and my hands started to sweat like crazy. This wasn't actually the way I wanted this day to end. It should've been me who should've confronted him in any way possible.

Fast footsteps approached me and held me by my wrist, pulling me with him to the room, I just had barged inside. The receptionist's and the security guard watched us confused walking into his office. Before I was able to say anything, Dwayne closed the door behind me and faced me expressionless.

"For what all this trouble for? You could've called me too" I could've.

Silence.

Slowly, but surely guilt built inside of me and I still didn't said anything. Dwayne walked past me and sat on his chair. I just stood there. Where had all my strength just gone? I have to gather it up quickly again before I end up regretting for not asking anything.

"I-" I took a deep breath in and out. "need answers"

Silence.

Turning around, I saw Dwayne reading is papers, not giving any interests in anything, I just had said a couple of seconds ago. Unwillingly my eyes examined his office. A huge desk, large windows and enough folders to feed a whole nation with. And nothing properly enough to throw it at him.

'Since when have you been this active on trying in being intimidating?' Shut up! I have to concentrate. I have to make him clear, that I'm being totally serious with the things, I have to tell and ask him!

"I just said something" I repeated.

Silence.

"I'm not interested in dating."  His words came back into my mind. As if I was interested in being together with you! Walking over to his desk, I shored myself with my hands onto the desk firmly and bent down slightly to get Dwayne's attention.

"You're still not interested into why I'm here and causing trouble?"

Silence.

"How did you found out about my personal matters?" and with saying that, he finally stopped this time, reading those papers and immediately looked up to me. At first he was examining my face expression and my posture to be clear if I meant it seriously. Then, his right hand slid under the desk and took out a little machine, which kinda looked like a... recorder?