Phantoms*

1

Author's POV

"Damn, that took longer than I thought." The male in the black hoodie called Wes, complained while standing next to her.

He was rolling his shoulder forward to check if it was sprained, but he was fine. Though he is tired like the rest of them.

She looked at her teammate curiously, then following her sight to the rest of the four members who were panting as well. She had to admit that Wes was right, their opponents were vigorous than she thought. Everyone is definitely going home with cuts and bruises tonight. That is what she wanted to avoid for tomorrow's events. At least no broken bones today. But she couldn't say the same for the other gang.

The other gang called themselves the Knights and were suppose to be one of the most elite gangs in the city of Seoul. The Knights were tough but not strong enough to take them on. Now all sixteen members of the so-called Knights were on the ground either crying in pain or lying unconscious.

Two of them laid right in front of her. They came at her at once, underestimating her power for being a girl. But they received a surprise. They never thought, Ace the leader of Phantoms, to be present in Seoul or even be a female.

The boys got a few punches on Ace, leaving the leader sore on her stomach and jaw. She will ice it once she gets home. Being who she is, she manages to get more fatal hits even if she got hurt. Ace didn't mind taking on two gangsters at a time; she was actually used to it. She was grateful for her older brothers' training she got at home a few years ago.

Ace is the most agile and skilled fighter her unit which led her team in choosing her as the leader. The leader of the notorious gang that was a mystery to all... Phantoms. And not many know Ace is a female. She wears over a black mask over her mouth, as the rest of her members do as well except for one. Phantoms are known for their mysterious appearance and unknown identities. Ace and her members like it that way. They started a few years back. Later, they decided to continue when she and a few of them moved to Seoul to complete their mission.

The one not matching his members, a male in a black ski mask known as Sid, cleared his throat. Sid actually scared his members when they met earlier that night. He claimed he couldn't find his other mask and went with the first one he got.

"Hey, Captain!" Sid shouts, "This one is awake and not too broken."

Sid pointed with his leather black boots towards a young male wearing a red SnapBack with a matching basketball jersey.

Everyone makes their way to Sid's findings. Ace stands to his left following by Wes and Z. While Jae and June to his right. Ace gives Sid a nod. He answers with a smirk.

With permission granted, Sid lifts the Knight in red by his collar. The young male begins to wiggle around, resisting Sid's hold. Z manages to calm the boy by placing a punch in the lower abdomen. The boy drops his hands from the neck and Sid loosens the grip.

Sid clears his throat again.

"Do you know who we are?" Sid finally asks.

The knight in red trembles as he watches the serious looks over his enemies. They scare him to death with their skill. The masks make it worse—especially the one wearing a ski mask that is holding him. He decides to answer because he knows his life depends on it.

"You—you're the...p—phantoms. You're supposed to be... a...m—myth here." The knight struggles to speak.

A grin reaches Ace's lips but no one can see it. She speaks.

"Oh Good! So they have heard of us. I thought we might have to go around and introduce ourselves."

The knight glanced at the young girl. She couldn't be taller than 5'5 (166cm) yet she was the leader of the most violent gang in the East.

He heard they are soon to conquer the south but another gang owns that region. He shook the thought.

He gulps, giving in to his curiously.

"W-why are you here in Seoul?" He questions.
"V-Vacation?"

All six members smile.

But can't be seen due to their masks.

Except for Sid.

"That does not concern you!" June answers.

Her voice is sweet but her skills and words say otherwise, "All you need to know is the message we want you to deliver."

The young knight gulps again. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Ace takes a step forward, glaring at the Knight. He doesn't know Ace has been smiling the whole time.

It is her turn to speak again, "Pass on the word. Phantoms have appeared in Seoul." She then leans in to whisper, "And we're taking over."

Ace leans back to watch the knight's eyes shrink in size. She lets out a laugh. A cute but evil one. She nods again, giving the next order to Sid. Sid drops the knight on the floor and Jae delivers the final blow to his stomach with his right foot.

"We manage to finish before 11." Wes says as he checks his watch.

"That's good because we have a big day tomorrow. Freshman Orientation." Ace says turning around.

It's a warm night and a waning crescent moon fills the sky. The gang walks away from their fight scene.

They have enough time to escape; The authorities will not arrive for another ten minutes.

By then they will be gone.

Just like Phantoms.

______________________
A/N Edited: First chapter done. What do you think? Did you like it?
I tend to be a dramatic writer. I wanted to keep simple but not boring. I also didn't want it to be too long.
Please comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts. :)