Rivals*

5

Hana's POV

"Since we are all finally done eating, let's start."

I say as I sit down in a couch chair next to my childhood friend, Park Kevin. He's in the other couch chair. My other friends, Eunji and Daniel were picking up the remaining dishes on the table. Jun-young came back from throwing the trash and Min-soo already sat in the couch perpendicular to me.

It's time to begin the meeting.

"You ready?" I ask Kevin looking at him.

He nods.

"What's up, Ace?" Daniel asks.

"Why did you call a meeting last minute?" JUun-young is also curious.

Jun-young and Daniel sit in the three seat couch in front of me while Eunji sits with Min-soo. I told them we were not going to meet this week but Kevin brought me some intriguing news. I smile at my five friends.

Park Kevin. Kwon Min-Soo. Lee Eunji. Kang Jun-Young. Woo Daniel. All Phantoms are here. Or should I say, Wes, Z, June, Jae, and Sid--those are their nicknames just as mine is Ace.

We call each other our nicknames when we are alone or in a team. Never in public even if its text, or phone, that's too much of a risk. We do call each other but only explain or give information in person. While united, we wear masks to hide our identities.

Among other things, it a system that I developed with our earliest members to avoid any trouble or harm against us. It has worked for us since the beginning and we rather keep our gang lives and student lives separate from each other, especially now. Let's just say there are many enemies in Seoul.

"Today Wes called me and said he found something," I explain, " He came to talk me and we thought it was best to share it in team. Turns out we aren't the only ones that graduated this year."

Just like that, everyone's expression changes to a disturbed one.

Z let's out a nervous laugh, "You don't mean THEM, do you?" he trails off.

"As in—"

I cut Sid off.

"Yes Bangtan, also known as BTS is here. It is most likely they are attending the same university as us."

I smile being amuse of the statement.

"This— I mean it's not a rumor is it?" June asks me.

I know what she is thinking. There are plenty of rumors of BTS and the power of the original seven members.

"No. I followed up with some of the Knights. I found them discussing taking an alliance with them. Bangtan made have already contacted them."

Kevin answers for me. He is my second in charge. If it wasn't for him graduating as well, I would have wanted him to lead our other team back home. The rest of the four members hesitate to ask why but we all know the answer.

Bangtan is intelligent and cunning. After all, they are the only ones we consider to be our rival gang. No other gang is as authoritative as them. No one has been able to defeat them or stop them, but they are not the only ones with a reputation.

"Looks like you all know what I'm leading to. Bangtan wants to make a deal with the Knights, their protection in exchange for information on us."

"But we didn't give them anything. We were super cautious the other day."

"True, but it doesn't change the fact they know we are here. And they will do anything to find our secrets. As your leader, I ask you all to be careful. I'm not saying we are going to hold back but we need to watch out backs and each other."

I go on.

"There are many eyes in Seoul. We also got many enemies too... but not like Bangtan. Still, they don't know much about us and we should keep it that way. Also, keep your eyes open. From now on, report to the team anything you find."

My team nods in agreement.

"We all have been doing this for some time now. So far no one has been able to break us, meaning we are doing things right. Remember our system. We don't know for sure if Bangtan is staying in Seoul or just visiting because we are here. Therefore we—"

Ding.

A notification from my phone interrupts me.

I check the message and it's from the chat I have from the other Phantom unit.

One of the hackers sent me a picture of a document. After reading it, I smirk and close private chat. We use private chats with password coded protection to chat with other members who are too far away to meet.

I had a feeling and I am right. Instead of being scared, I am amused again.

"I just got confirmation from one of our informative that the leader of BTS, RM is here. So—"

"All seven originals are here too aren't they?" June nervously says.

"Of course. The seven stay in their pack. Whenever the leader goes, the six follow." Jae releases the words as if they gave him a bad taste.

We are all nervous.

RM. Jin. Suga. J-Hope. ChimChim. V. Kookie.

At first thought, they do not sound threatening but they have so much power.

Bangtan consists of only seven members. Each member was previously in other gangs. I am not sure but there are rumors stating each member was once a captain of a ruling gang. After they were recruited by the ruthless RM, they formed BTS. They brought their gangs with them into the new formation. Gangsters among gangsters.

Apparently, they are all close and RM does not go anywhere without his six other heads.

"And it turns out they are indeed attending the University here. I was hoping after graduating they would leave to somewhere else but I was wrong." I confess to my group.

"What did we expect? This is their territory. They have the upper hand." Sid whispers by loud enough for everyone to hear.

I know they are worried. We never faced BTS and we do not know if all seven original members here but we cannot risk it. I always knew to come across Bangtan was going to be a challenge. I won't let our rivals intervene in our assignments. We have to complete this.

I shake off my nerves.

"This doesn't change anything. We are sticking to our original plan. BTS won't be able to stop us. "

_____________________
A/n Edited: Here is part two. I wanted give you both perspectives. It's not boring, is it? I hope not. The next chapter should be a long one since we get to know more about the main character and other characters. Maybe a certain BTS member might appear again...👀 🤷‍♀