Hunting*

49

Hana's POV

"Out of all place, you chose to me here," I whisper to the young male in front of me as I pull out one of the table chairs to sit across from him.

"Hi Ace, good to see you too. I'm doing well, thanks for asking."

I roll my eyes to his sarcasm.

"I'm a college student and you are one as well. So they can't suspect me for coming to the library to meet a friend or to study."

"I hope so."

"Trust me. CNT and Scorpions might be smart but they won't bother to check here, especially since we are both in casual clothes."

"Well one of us is."

"At least you have no mask... and have your hoodie off your head."

He has a point.

"You're lucky that you're one of the few people I trust."

He smiles at me. The same smile I used to love seeing.

"If you trust me so much, why did you bring back up?" He nods towards the company that came behind me.

Wes sits several tables from me, pretending to read a book. And Jae walks around the library, keeping his distance.

"My crew likes to protect me, especially when doing one-on-one meeting like today. We have been on edge the past few days."

"Right. Tell me, Hana, how is life for you?"

He is an old friend. I don't need to wear any disguise around him. And yes, he knows who I am. He knew me before I became captain.

"Pretty stressful considering I just announced a full wide manhunt for your pals. You probably heard about it since you contacted me."

"Of course, when your group is on the move, the vibrations are felt."

Now it's my turn to smile. That's what I wanted, for the word to get out. Maybe if others knew we were going to take action soon, others might join us. People might not like us, but they hate our enemies more than us.

"As must as I love to talk about our gang, and boast about our resources, let's get down to business. Tell me, why I'm here Jack."

"I came to warn you about something."

"How thoughtful of you. What is it?"

"The CNT is in the ranks of recruiting and I heard the Phantoms are being considered."

Pinch me, is this true? This is what we been waiting for.

"Are you sure this is valid? You're not lying to me are you?"

"Hana why would I do that to you? I know you been wanting this for a long time. And I trust my information. I was there when we were told."

"Okay. So what should I do with this information?"

"Slow down Hana. I'm not done. There's more."