Choice One*

52

Hana's POV

They said the attack will happen in less than two hours. They told us to hang as they observed our behavior. Most gangs never been this close to us without getting their asses beat but I can't risk it now.

I told them I needed some fresh air to collect my thoughts. They eyed me with an odd look and exchange glances with one another. I heard the young member Jisung whispering something that it must be a girl thing. But they don't let me out of their sight. They don't trust me and I don't blame them.

What did I expect?

Of course, they want me to take them out. To finish off Bangtan because, in the eyes of CNT, they are the enemy.

This whole thing has always been personal for me. Suzy and I.M. know that. I have stayed tame and control but for how long. I don't know if I should laugh or cry that I assign to take out my brother. I can't back down now that I have given my word. This is the chance we needed, we been waiting for, yet it feels so wrong. 

"Ace. Ace, are you there?" A voice appears on the silent radio waves.

Everyone these days uses the most advanced technology and Bluetooth. But they forget the signal can be tracked. That's why we stick to standard radio, that is untraceable and no one bothers to check the "abandon" radio channels.

I look over my shoulder to check if CNT members are roaming around me. Luckily, they are all gathered among themselves and watching what looks like YouTube videos.

"Go ahead", I answer, "What's up?"

My mouth shows a small smile and looks back to the front pretending to stare into the starry night.

"It's about our test. Are we really going to do it? It's just— you know it's Bangtan."

June. I can hear she is worried in her tone.

"We didn't expect this. We estimated might be doing something else such as a delivery or fighting someone else." Wes explains what we all had in mind.

In the end, they chose my brother's gang. It must run in the family.

"What are we going to do?" Z mentions.

"Ace can't we figure out another plan or bailout?" The pleading in Amy's voice is obvious.

Back and forth, a quiet debate arises over our radio channel. Should we stay or should we leave? The outcome of the choice tonight will affect the future actions of Phantoms.

"We are not backing out. At least not right now." I finally answer my gang.

I have something in mind but it might throw out the whole operation of course. Suzy and I.M. said it's my call but I don't think we have a backup plan.

Not this time.

And I have to address the doubts and fears that have increased within minutes in my crew.

"Listen up because I don't want to repeat myself or get emotional over this," I command and know they are listening to my every word.