Innocent*

34

Jin's POV

"Only five of us tonight, right?" I look at RM.

"Yeah. Tae is out with his girl and Yoongi... well he's with my sister."

"Right..."

Hearing that Yoongi is actually on a date with Hana fills me with an unsettling feeling. What gets to me is I can't explain the source or reason for this emotion.

Why am I like this? Calm down Jin. Be happy for them. They seem kinda a cute couple... I guess.

"Hyung you're good?" Jimin asks me.

"I'm good. Let's go."

"Where are they?" Hoseok asks our captain, Namjoon.

"Are you sure they were supposed to meet with us tonight?"

"Yeah. I confirmed it earlier today."

We were supposed to meet with a minor gang named Trackers. It's a gang of five that are hired by other gangs to search and track down information. They're good fighters as well but usually focus on gathering information. We made contact with them after the college party. Namjoon thought why not give these Trackers a try since we always came out empty on the Phantoms.

Wait could it be they knew what we were planning? Could the—

"RM hyung, you don't think the Phantoms found out—"

"Jungkook please don't mention them. I've had enough of them."

Namjoon has been on edge with our rivals. Especially with the possibility of his sister being involved with them. It doesn't help we haven't gotten any leads on them. 

Straight from nothing, our leaders' iPhone starts to buzz, allowing a certain rap song to meet the air. With his behavior covered in annoyance, Namjoon pushes the small device to his ear, greeting it with a harsh hello. I watch him carefully, trying to decipher his thoughts. All four of us do.

Horrified by whatever words are said to him, Namjoon rapidly detaches himself from our share space. He flies into a full run, dashing into a nearby alley.

As we are consumed by confusion, we do not waste any time and race behind our frantic leader. He doesn't shout nor speak. He is to focus gliding into a maze of alleys while still clutching his smartphone. Unknown to where our destination is, we arrive where Namjoon seems to pause.

I notice his phone casually slipping from his sweaty thin fingers as it slowly gravitates to the ground. A ripple of cracks is sent through the screen. Damn. Namjoon is not going to like that but at least this time it was the glass screen protector and not the phone it self-shattering. Yet the phone is the least of our worries. 

Jimin puffs out a gasp gripping Jungkook's forearm. The poor maknae gathers all the information in front of us trying to decode it. Namjoon led us to a dead end. An abandon alley, three blocks from where we were located. In the dark evening, a few feet distance from the wall rested five young bodies.

Unlike Hoseok, I did not need a second look to know those were the Trackers. All five young adults spread across in the tiny corner of walls. Each individual was positioned differently, indicating a fight occurred. By their breathing, it was obvious to us they were either severely injured or knocked out.