I'm Fine*

2

Hana's POV

Hana.

Hana.

Hana.

Hana.

I hear someone calling my name in the distance. I swing around to see a figure standing far from me.

I can't see their face, it is too blurry.

Yet, in the back of my mind, I know this person. There something about their aura.

Then it clicks.

The hairs in the back of neck stand up.

Brother.

But it can't be? Can't it?

B-big brother is that you?

Are you disappointed me?

I did what I had to do. Please don't be mad.

The figure shook his head. I continue speaking.

You left me and I had to do something. I had to survive. Because of you—

"ACE!"

My eyes open at the sudden call of my nickname.

The room is filled with the sun's rays. I look to my right and see my best friend, Eunji looking at me with a concern expression. I'm drenched in sweat.

"Are you ok, A-Hana?"

"Yeah. Just a weird dream."

"Ok... you overslept...so you have to get up."

I jump out of bed and decide to make it later. I don't want to be late on my first day as a university student.

I keep my hair up and I follow Eunji to our bathroom. She washes her face as I brush my teeth.

When I finish, I turn towards to her, "It's not that I don't appreciate the wake-up call but never call me Ace unless it's Phantom related."

My words don't faze her, Eunji is a tough girl or she wouldn't be in the Phantoms with me.

"Sorry, it's a habit. But in my defense, I called your name like five times and you didn't answer."

Oh.

Eunji takes another look at me. I could tell she is observing my behavior.

"Are you sure you're okay, Hana?" Eunji asks me again.

Being best friends for the past four years has taught me not to lie Eunji. She always knows when I'm not fine.

"Yes. I... I had a dream about my brother."

"Oh..."

"I think it's because I'm nervous about coming to school and being away from my family for the first time."

"You miss him, don't you?"

I take a deep breath.

"I miss both of them."

I leave the bathroom to get dressed.

The thought of missing my brothers lingers in my mind. My oldest brother is gone and my other brother is also attending school somewhere in the country. We don't talk. My parents didn't tell me and I didn't ask them. Maybe it's better that way.

*******************

I glance at my reflection in the large mirror in my closet.

I chose my white vans to match my white shirt. The shirt has three golden arrows running across the chest. It is also tucked in since I'm wearing high-waisted blue jeans. Just in case if it's cold inside because I know teachers have an issue turning off the air conditioner, I decided to wear my beige cardigan.

As for my face and my hair.

Wow.

I look like a zombie.

Good thing I have the magic power of makeup.

I lightly tap foundation with a thin line of eyeliner. No eyeshadow needed but maybe some pink lipgloss. I was too lazy to do anything with my hair so I left it down since it was wavy. Lastly, I put on my glasses.

I look girly with a hint of a nerdy touch. I love it. No one will think, Hana, the first year is a captain of a gang.

I rather keep my double life a secret—kinda like superheroes.

Anyways I want to look good on my first day of class. I want to leave an impression on people but do not want to draw too much attention to myself.

After all, it's college. The fun life.

I grab my backpack and head out to the door. I make sure to lock up the apartment. Eunji already left. Her class started earlier than mine. She is a pre-med student, so her schedule is busier than mine.

I make my way down to the first floor, to the street.

Before going any further, I activate navigation on my iPhone. I don't want to get lost. The university I am attending has four different classroom buildings and my building is the Bluewing.

I only live about ten minutes away walking distance. It's a nice day to walk anyways. The sun is high in the sky with very few clouds.

I hope to meet new people, make new friends. I made a promise to Eunji that I will try to socialize more, especially with guys.
She feels I am... distant from others.

I sometimes forget to watch myself when I am busy taking care of business with my gang and watching over our members. My mind is just occupied with strategies...

To end other gangs.

Wow. That sounds harsh.

Maybe June is right, I need to go out more and try to have a social life than just being a gang leader. When did I lose my social life?

_____________________
A/N Edited: Sorry, it was a short chapter. I decided to give a little more insight on Ace aka Hana. Slowly it will all make sense, don't worry.

By the way, the pics I used, are not mine so credits to the rightful owner.

I know BTS wasn't in this chapter but will be in the next. :) I am slowly going to bring them into the story. I have plans for all of them :) Thanks for reading. 💜