Run (Part Two)*

16

Hana's POV

One thing my brother and I have in common: we are no fools. Like him, I always plan ahead. I studied the blueprints the past few days along with my members to ensure an escape route is open. If not, we make one ourselves. I knew there was a chance we will be cornered inside the school, therefore, we didn't want to waste much time running away, I had the other half of the team stationed outside of the school.

I guess intelligence does run in the family.

As we hurry to climb the fence, my other unit is already on the move. To give us time, they prepared an distraction. From the other side of the fence, Z's unit tosses small hand devices towards our enemies. Handmade smoke bombs.

My team is clever.

Several of these grenades are sent flying in the air, then collide with the ground. They spread colorful smoke within a limited area. If inhaled, the fumes are not dangerous, they only serve the purpose to slow down our enemy and blurred their line of sight. In this case, they are used to create a gap between them and us, giving us a few extra seconds to spare.

There is an amount of coughing and shouts from those that were on our pursuit. It is a quick distraction we must take advantage of. As I reach the top of the metal railing, the smoke starts to dissolve, returning their view on us.

And they're quick. I got to act fast.

As I pull myself up to move onto the next side, someone underneath me takes a sudden hold of my right leg. The unaccounted force causes me to slip from the fence. I almost fall. Luckily, I am able to catch myself with my other hand. All my weight is forcibly applied to my left hand and my other leg gripping the fence. The unknown individual continues to restrain my leg. His hold insists in pulling me down to him, but I do not let him.

"Ace!" I hear Amy shouting from the other side.

Rapidly, I react to his tug by swinging my free leg with great power. The kick severely lands on his head with a great impact. My attacker immediately sets me free while falling back.

I hope it's not one of my brother's friends I just hit because that would be really awkward. If it is, I'm truly sorry! I'll buy you food! If it isn't, you deserved it you piece of crap.

I raise myself back up to the top. I'm almost the only one left as the rest of my team is already on the ground. I cannot fall behind, I will not be caught.

I can't waste time! HURRY ACE! HURRY!

I impulsively throw myself over and jump without hesitating. I don't allow my body and mind to either prepare or plan the action. This causes my landing to be broken by a disorganized tumble on the ground.

Ouch! Fuck! Fuck!

That hurts. It hurts.

My body unnaturally landed with all my weight on my right foot and arm which caused very much discomfort. The aching tells me I might have sprained my leg while the throbbing says my arm is most likely bruised.

Shit. Shit. I don't need this right now. This is what I get for jumping in a rush. I'll take care of it later, I need to leave. I rather be in pain than be captured.