Sharks*

14

Hana's POV

"We're early", Jae says to me.

"Two hours to be exact." Wes checks his watch.

"It's okay. We need to set up anyways." I answer through my earpiece.

We all agreed to wear communication devices when Sharks accepted our invitation to meet with up. In case things went south. There is a reason why no one has caught us yet. We hope it stays that way as we are always prepared. We can't risk anything tonight. The Sharks are dangerous and violent as well. As I reach the final step of the staircase, I am greeted by the diverse colors of the setting sun.

Beautiful.

Sharks chose the location. A rooftop of a high school. We are not surprised since half of the other members at still in high school while the others are attending college. The school is about fifteen minutes away from our University campus.

Not too far.

I look around just as the blueprint showed us, only two escape routes. One by the stairs inside the building which we used; the other is a small set of stairs on the side of the wall. Though the place is a bit broke down, I am not complaining, it can hold.

I walk to the edge of the east edge noticing a smaller building connected to the other side of the school. Must be the gymnasium. There is about a seven to eight feet gap between the buildings and a twenty feet drop.

Interesting. Maybe we could—
Could we? It's not impossible and honestly wouldn't be the first time. You know what they said, if you don't have a door, go through a window.

I eyes then land on the surrounding nine-feet metal fence spread around the perimeter.

That might be a problem but oh well. Nothing we can't handle. We just have to time it correctly.

"Sid and Ruby start setting up. We need to be done before it gets dark, and get the signal ready." I order into my earpiece.

"Yes, captain!" Both of them answer.

"I want us split into a total of three units." I give my last command, "but I need the ones who are fast runners with me. I hope you're not afraid of heights."

I take another glance at the sunset hoping it will put my anxiety to rest.

I hope nothing goes wrong tonight.

***

"Captain they're here." Ruby whispers in the earpiece.

"Thanks. Stand by. And wait for the signal."

There are eight members standing with me as I slide my face mask on and pull the black hood over my face. The rest do the same. We hear footsteps as well as chatter coming from inside the building stairs. Slowly they appearing where different shades of blue. Only ten appear in front of us.

I wonder.

We stand to the east of the building with the gymnasium behind us, they take the West. I'm not surprised. That is where the other set of stairs is located. The other escape route.