Phone Call*

45

Author's POV

Hana is paralyzed by her worries when hearing it's her brother calling. She can see the increased panic washing over in Jin.

He doesn't know what to do. He can't believe the actions he committed—correction, the actions he was about to commit if his best friend didn't interrupt him. And that best friend happened to be Hana's twin brother.

He glances to Hana, in search of an answer or any aid she can give him.

Answer the phone, Hana mouths to Jin. Undoubtedly, he nods several times before using his sweaty palm to maneuver the device.

"Hello." Jin tries to smoothen his shaky voice.

"Jin Hyung! I'm glad you answered."

"What's up Namjoon?"

"Not much. Are you home?"

"Yeah... I just got out of the shower."

Lies. That was twenty minutes ago.

"Oh okay. Do you know if my sister is still there."

"Your sister?" Jin is not sure if Namjoon hears the hesitation in his voice. He almost chokes on the words.

Why is he asking about her, Jin thinks.

"Yeah, do you know if she's awake? I been texting her and she hasn't answered."

Oh she is has been awake, Jin doesn't dare to say the works to his friend.

He clears his throat and decides to continue spinning the web of lies, "I— uh am not sure. You see when I got home, I jumped straight into the shower."

"Oh so you haven't gone to your room."

"Of course not. I had some clothes in the laundry room. Are you sure she is here?"

Jin has a clear view of Hana rolling her eyes.

"Well everyone is out and I think my sister might be sleeping knowing her. So I think she's still there."

"Oh, I see."

She is definitely not sleeping.

"If she is, try not to wake her, she is as bad as Yoongi."

"Mmm, I will try not to."

"Atleast she is not alone and you'll there. I think I would feel guilty if I left her alone to go on a date."

"Well you kinda did— Wait you're on a date?"

The voice on the other side goes silent.

"Kinda but not sure. I'm thinking of taking Alice to the movies today, what do you think?"

"I... you should. You haven't seen her how long now? Plus if she accepted to have a meal with you, movies shouldn't be a problem."