First Day*

3

Hana's POV

I check my phone when I arrive at a 5-floor glass building labeled as a Blue Wing. I have twenty minutes before my first class starts.

Psychology 101.

I check my schedule online and looks like my class is located on the third floor. The hallways are packed with students running in and out of class. It as less pack during orientation but now each classroom is overfilled with people.

I finally get to my first class and thank God there are still seats available in the back. Some of the students look nervous while others are ready to fall asleep.

I am a little bit of both. I hurried to sit in the last row before anyone takes my seat. I don't like sitting in the front.

The front draws too much attention and I rather blend in.

After getting settled, I do what every young adult does, turns to my phone for entertainment.

No messages.

Then I move on between apps to find anything to distract me for a while. The next minutes flew by quickly as the professional begins setting up the board.

"Ok, everyone. Class is starting."

Honestly after the syllabus was passed, I space out.

Requirements... blah blah blah

Books and materials which are expensive but still blah blah blah...

Deadlines.
Got them set on my phone now.

Exams. Got them too.

Assignments...

We will do probably the night of.

Why is the syllabus so long?

At least I paid attention to the important parts like food is allowed in class. Phones are allowed but keep them on silent.

I am starting to like college.

In the last thirty minutes of class, the professor gives us our first assignment. We have to get into groups of three and introduce ourselves. Then work with the same group to create some type of theories of behavior?

I don't mind talking to people but why do I have to on the first day? And why do we already have homework?

After sighing heavily, and deep in thought, I look for potential partners. Turns out I took too long to decide, almost all the students were in groups.

Almost.

I notice to my left two male students by themselves. One is resting his head on the desk and the other is looking down on his phone.