2 Sharpen the Blades

POV Jack

People are pushing each other while I try to make my way out. Everyone is panicking and as I pass the double door’s that lead to the ice skating ring I saw before I see people attacking each other. Are they eating other people? No, I must be imagining this. Someone grabs me from behind, quickly I took a hold of his hand and throw him over my shoulder and to ground. I lock him under my feet. “No one can match me in close combat!” I shout at him and as I see his eyes I see that something is wrong. The color has faded from it.

His head tries to reach my arm and the jaws are making the sound of clap as they hit together again and again. He is making weird throat sounds. I let him go and retreat as I hear a yell. Someone is begging for help and I glance over my shoulder to the voices direction. Someone is in trouble at the ice skating ring. A group of people are making their way inside the ice skating ring.

“Oh crap!” I yell as I kick the man in the head and run inside the ice skating area. A girl is inside the ring and I see that she is some type of shock. Slowly the mass of people approaches her. “Hey! Snap out of it!” I yell and run towards the ring. I have to jump up to audience seats on third row since three blood dripping guys tried to catch me just now. I pull myself up and continue running and jumping from row to another and fast approaching the ring’s glass wall. “Please hold,” I whispered as I jumped to the glass. I was hanging from the edge and I kicked myself up by taking support from the glass. Soon I managed to jump over the glass and made my way to the girl.

“Hey, you!” I breathed heavily and saw how those people were walking towards us. No way to escape but.. I glanced at the glass. We need to get over, I glanced at the girl who is just embracing herself and sobbing silently. Geez, do I need to do everything. I took her skates off and took a hold of her chin and forced her to look at me. “You. Are. Going. Out.” I said and pulled her standing. I kneeled and made my hands as a support to climb on. “Climb over, right now!” I ordered her and she nodded. She took her skates over her shoulder and stepped on my hands. I gave her a push and she hang over the glass. Now she was over.

POV Elsa

A guy just appeared and helped me out. He is smirking to me on the other side of the glass. I can’t get a word out of my mouth since those inhuman creatures are closing him. I point behind of his back as someone grabs his hoodie. He startles and turns around. I see how he punches that person and starts to run. He runs near the edges of the ring and laughs while those things try to catch him.

It is like he is taking speed when he runs full circle. Now he runs to my direction and winks to me as he jumps. His feet hits the glass and makes squeaking sound. He hangs from the edge and starts to pull himself up. I don’t know how he did it since the glass wall is so high. I startle when one of those things grabs his legg and starts to pull him. His grip is slipping and quickly I jump up and take a hold of his hands. My weight pulls him to this side and soon he falls to the side which is outside the ring.

He fell on top of me. “Ouch,” he says and rubs his head. His messy brown hair covered his brown eyes for a moment. “Trust me, I feel the same,” I managed to say as his elbow was pressing against my ribs. He suddenly took support with both of his hands from the ground and bended down so our faces almost touched. He was taking some speed to lift himself up. He grinned to me when he started to stand.

“Knight in shiny armor at your service, my lady.” He was mocking me. “I was perfectly fine. I don’t need anyone’s help,” I murmured. “Haha, really?” He glanced at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

Then I watched in horror when someone or something was coming towards us. A girl was laying on the ground at first. Her clothes were torn and it seemed like someone had chopped her. Her insides were now outsides. I thought she must be dead but she was now dragging herself towards the boy who just helped me out. “Watch out!” I yell and grab my skate which I use to hit that undead girl to head. It stops moving as the blade cuts its head.

“Whoa, thanks!” The boy looks at the corpse. “Those things are handy!” He points at my skates which gives me an idea. “Come!” I tell him and pull him after me. I open the janitor room and push him inside. “This comes all of a sudden,” he chuckled. “I just need to sharpen my skates,” I snap at him. “Oh, no reward then?” He laughs. “No,” I say as I finish sharpening.

I try to break my skates to get the blades. Unfortunately I don’t have enough strength. “Need a hand?” He smiles to me and seems cocky. “Yeah, get me the blades,” I sounded a bit annoyed but I felt happy when he finally gave me the blades. I took the straps from my skates and used them to tie the skating blades on to my arms. “You’re preparing for a war?” He sounded amused but I nodded. “Oh,” he whispered with surprised voice.

“Now I need to get my shoes from lockers,” I started to walk but he grabbed me from the wrist. “Nope, there is a hell at lose at the locker rooms direction. “ He bended down and took his shoes off. “Here, take mine until we will find something better for you. “What about you?” I whispered. “ Well, I don’t wear shoes that often anyway. Own feet are better in Parkour,” he winked.

POV Hiccup

“Okay.. So Toothless.. What do you think? Is the route clear?” We are hiding in cleaning closet while people are eating each other. I knew it.. I totally knew it would happen someday! An apocalypse! I sure wish that my bunker with all the sweet gadgets and equipment would be here.

Suddenly the door opens and someone comes inside. “Hey, my hideout! Find your own!” I whisper when I see someone with red hair stepping inside. “Quiet you moron or they will hear us!” She whispered back.

POV Merida

Unfortunately the cleaning closet was already occupied when I arrived. However as a herd of aggressive people were chasing me I had no other option than just to squeeze in with that guy. As the light went inside when I opened the door I saw him dressed in a weird looking suit. What is up with this guy?

Something wet touches my hand and I look down. A black dog is staring at me with its green eyes. This day just seems getting better and better. Just sense the irony, I do. I press my ear against the door to hear if I could finally leave the tight space. When I just had pressed my ear to door something started to hit it loudly and multiple times. It made me startle and I fell back. Lucky or not the room wasn’t big enough for us to fell to ground. The wall came in first as we were leaning now against it.

POV Rapunzel

I drag Ma’ to cafeteria and start to clean the bite wound in her hand. “Is it ugly?” She says as she covers her eyes so she wouldn’t have to watch. “No, not yet at least. Let’s hope that it won’t be infected.” I found some chef’s alcohol stash and I disinfected the wound with it. I use my pink scarf to tie the wound.

“You’re feeling hot, Ma’?” I say when I touch her forehead. “Don’t know. Sick is how I feel after what she did to me,” she half screamed. “People are sure acting weird today,” I go to the cooking area and look for something to use as protection. A nice looking cooking knife takes my attention and I took it with me. Someone started to bang the door that we had locked.

A/N: Any thoughts on this one? :)