5 Don't Look Back

This chapter is dedicated to Magicalfrost but also many other filipinos who are starting their school year soon. Remember to have some fun! :)

Pov Elsa

He really seems to believe that there would be something useful in the cafeteria. His fingers are wrapped around my wrist as he runs before me. He is running without shoes since he let me have them, gladly it seems that his feet aren’t that big. Left hand of his is moving beside of him as if he tries to get more speed by moving it back and forward while he runs.

”Hey!” He glances over his shoulder and smirks to me, showing some of his teeth. ”Get ready for a spin!” He yells and I feel confused. I see how he chuckles and he starts to run backwards. He lets go of my hand and bends his hands over to his chest. ”Just put your hands like this when I say NOW, ok?” I made an uncertain nod for response and he smiled almost cockily.

He grabs my right hand with his both hands and stops suddenly. He makes a move like a hammer thrower does in the olympics as he threw me forward. Now I see what he was meaning. There was two of the undead slowly limbing towards us. We needed to get through. Quickly I crossed my arms over my chest and revealed the sharpened blades of my skates that were tied to my arms. I spinned around like I do when I perform my ice dancing and closed my eyes hoping that I would survive from this. A slicing sound made me feel sick, the blades cut through those things flesh and something was dripping in my arms.

I was frozen. I couldn’t move. Something was moaning and making a horrible throat sound ”Errr..” It grabbed me from my back. Suddenly I felt like someone just pushed me away from that thing and woke me up from my dream like state of mind. I opened my eyes and saw the boy struggling with the other one of those things. His left arm was pressing that things throat and pushing it against the wall. The thing was slamming its jaws together and trying to pull that boys head closer to its mouth. The boy was grinning angrily and his other eye was closed. He was  focusing.

”Mind .. Lending.. Me.. A hand?” He yelled while trying to keep the thing away from his head. Quickly I glanced through the surroundings and saw a hot dog stands sign laying broken on the floor. There was a metallic trim. ”Hurry!” The boy sounded exhausted and the thing was now more pushing him backwards than he was pushing it. I bended the metallic trim and managec to pull a piece out from it.

”Watch out!” I yelled to the boy and he jerked his head to his left side when I stabbed that things head. The piece of metallic trim pierced it’s head easily which was odd. The trim sticks out of it’s head. ”Shit!” The boy yells when the thing started to fall, the air came out of his lungs loudly when he was left below the fallen thing.

Unfortunately this thing used to be a heavy built thug, a muscular man that was wearing hiphop style clothes. I fell to my knees and tried to lift it off from him. He tried to help but it was too heavy for me. The corridor started  to echo from footsteps. It was like some of them would be limbing their feet and sometimes there was a squeaking sound when rubber bottom shoes were dragged against the concrete floor. The moaning and groaning were also making me to shudder.

The boy tried once again lift the corpse from him. He was too tired after the struggling. ”What will I do?” I screamed miserably. It was almost like he had woken up from a daze, like he hasn’t realized that I was there after the fall happened. His mouth was left open and I saw how he glared at the direction where the sounds were coming from. An electric light started to flicker on that direction. For a moment he just breathed, then faster and faster. He repeated the same thing for a few times, first staring at the direction where the sounds came from and then at me.

His act started to get me stressed. ”What will I do?” I whispered and tried to hold my tears. Then his eyes nailed to me and he let the air out of his lungs. ”Run. Don’t look back,” he stated and was sounding serious. ”No! I won’t leave you in a situation like this!” He started to smirk, ”I can figure a way out, I promise. Just go and I will catch up.”