6 Bite Marks

POV Jack

“Go away you nasty drooling and ugly…” I watch at the thing that is approaching me, “Ah! Who cares what you are, just go away!” The thing doesn’t do as I tell it to do. I watch in horror when I see how it falls to its knees and its hands a reaching me. I try to lift the thug’s corpse from over me.

“Shit you’re heavy! What type of protein bars you ate?” The thug’s corpse doesn’t response but why would it. “More like steel bars!” I try again and my words came out of me when I tried to lift it. Again it fells back on me. The thing takes a hold from my foot and I glance down when it starts to open its mouth. I grin in shock and shake my feet, “LET GO I TELL YOU!” I yell to it and its grip breaks of. I try to hold it off by pushing with my foot on its forehead. “Now shoes would be R-E-A-L-L-Y handy,” I gasp when that thing tries to bite me.

From the direction where I just came with the girl named Elsa comes more of those things. They’re limping closer and groaning. Their appearance makes me feel sick. Bite marks are the thing common between them, other than that they mostly have broken limbs or flesh that has been torn. Sure, I will find my way out like I always do. Nice plan, yeah.

The thug that lays over me even makes it hard to breathe. More of those things gather around me, “I am no meat skewer! Don’t touch me!” I startle when other one of those things touch me. “Ahh!” I yell when the thing tightens its grip around my arm that I had lifted to cover my face and then it opens its mouth. I feel how its teeth bite to my arm. I try to shake it off and punch it to face but it is hard to reach because the thug is covering me. Still it hasn’t managed to bite through the fabric.

Just when I managed to push the thing away that tried to have a snack from my hand someone yells a warning from opposite direction. I glance backwards and see four people running to my direction. Elsa is leading them and quickly she runs to me. She cuts the head off from that thing that just was biting my arm. My mouth is left wide open from amazement, Elsa’s dress is almost floating in the air when she did her spin move to that thing. Suddenly I see a guy that stands next to her and looks determined.

I have to cover my face when that guy took out a lighter and spray can from his pockets. He was using those as a flamethrower, he sprayed the gas to the direction where the herd was and gas went on flames when it hit the fire from the lighter. The first row from the herd got their hair burning because of the flames. Now I feel how water starts to rain over me, he just made the fire extinguishing system go crazy.

“I told you to leave!” I hiss to Elsa and she shakes her head from side to side. I see that her hair is stained from dried blood. “I got you help,” she smiles and I see how an arrow flies past us. I glance over my shoulder and see how self secure looking redhead shoots with a crossbow. Those are bolts, not arrows I think when I follow other shots path with my gaze. The bolt pierces the head from one of those things. Then I see how long looking blonde hair waves in the air and my foot drops down. I lift myself up a little and see how a girl has sat on top of the thing that I was holding back with my foot just seconds ago. She was strangling it with her hair and then she cut its neck with a cooking knife. I look around me, these people are crazy.

I shake my head to get a hold of myself. “Just get this thing off from me and we will go!” They all glance each other and everyone seems busy doing their own stuff. “Anyone?” I roll my eyes and see how Elsa drops to her knees and starts to push. “Help?” Elsa orders them and then the blonde girl comes to her aid. All three of us push it hard and finally it lifts from top of me. I take a deep breath of air. I see how the guy has started to stare at me when we rose up. “What?” I snap at him.

The guy looks at Elsa, “Whoa! You didn’t tell that it was Jack FREAKING FROST that was in trouble!” He seems surprised. “So?” Elsa looks at him and kicks one of those things further away and the blonde sticks her knife on its head. When she pulls the knife out I see pieces that are stuck on it, pieces of brain. “That is so unbelievable!” The guy exhales. “How would HE -,” he points at me, “- ever face an obstacle that would overcome him. HE IS SO COOL!”

I clear my throat while everyone’s eyes are nailed at me now. I feel embarrassed from all the attention. “Maybe we should move?” I whisper without emotion and point at a new herd that is coming after the one before. “I think that they follow sound,” I state.

The redhead runs backwards for a moment and then turns around. We all follow her to cafeteria. After we block the door I see how the three of them took distance to us. A dog is barking to us. Elsa is standing next to me and I feel how her hand takes a hold from my hand. Her fingers clasp with mine and I glance at her. Did she even realize that she is holding my hand?

“Who are you?” The redhead snapped at us. “I am Elsa Vinter and this is Jack,” Elsa spoke nervously. I let go of her hand and walked forward. “I am Jack Frost,” the guy was squealing from excitement and I rolled my eyes at him. “We just need some equipment and we will leave,” I pointed at the kitchen. “Nope, our cafeteria. Find a place of your own for your honeymoon,” the redhead seemed proud. Elsa came from behind of me and pushed me aside. “First of all, WE ARE NOT TOGETHER!” Elsa seemed furious when she looked at them and then at me. Her reaction made me feel uncomfortable and I rubbed my neck, “Well.. We are just trying to get away from here together? Right?” I smirked at her but she rolled her eyes to me. Gosh..

“I am Hiccup!” The guy runs to me and shook my hand which I pulled away. He didn’t care that much about my reaction. Instead he introduced us to reluctant redhead who was Merida DunBroch and then to cheerful looking Rapunzel Corona who we should call as Punzie. “You all are in my posters!” Punzie and Merida were shaking their heads behind of him and I glanced at Elsa. Without a word me and Elsa decided to ask no further questions about these posters of his.

I hear a moan behind of me and as I turn around I see someone laying on the table. “What is wrong with her?” I ask from these people. “She is sick,” Punzie whispers. “Well, we need to get out from here then!” I smile to them. “We need to wait for the police!” Punzie exhales and then Hiccup sighs. “The police is powerless in situation like this!” Now I see how he is dressed in assault suit. He seems like an interesting person actually.

“Why do you feel that way, genius?” Merida pushes Hiccup and talks in sarcastic way. “Well they would home come already and they’re too busy. All the phone lines are busy, I already tried,” he lifts his chin proudly. I go to window and watch outside. “What are those things?” Punzie looks outside and sounds terriefied. “They are the undead, people who are dead but walking,” Elsa spoke and her voice was cracking with each word. “Nah! You’re imagining that!” Merida sounded like she didn’t believe. For me that makes more sense than anything else. “Elsa is right,” Hiccup stated, “I always knew that one day the day of redemption comes. In the form of flood, diseases, vampires..or zombies.” Well, he had a good start at least with his reasoning.

“So how do we get out?” I hear Elsa speaking and breaking the silence. “From the window,” I state and they all are staring at me. Slowly they walk to windows. “THIS IS TOO HIGH!” Punzie gasps. “No it is not,” I explain, “I will make it easy for you.” Merida stares at me with misbelieve. “No you can’t.”

“Yes he can! He is the best what it comes to parkour!” Then that Hiccup glances over my shoulder. “Oh,” he whispers. They are seeing that we are in third floor, there is a rooftop beneath us but it is kind of steep. Also there is 3 meters drop from it to ground. “You possibly don’t believe you can do it or we can?” He swallowed loudly and I nod. “Yeah, I can.”

As soon as I jump to window still I almost lost my balance. Elsa is holding my hand, “don’t! you will get hurt!” I smirk to her. “I will be alright. Just find some weapons for yourselves,” gently I took her hand off from me before I jumped to rooftop. For a moment I watched to ground where those things were walking mindlessly. I have to go through them to get to those dumpsters. I could push one of those industrial dumpsters close to rooftop and these people could get down safely. First I just need to go and run few hundred meters and then push the dumpster to this buildings wall. However these things don’t make it easy. As I am kneeling on rooftops edge their hands are trying to reach me. I could just run and leave them, then I watch over my shoulder and see them looking at me. I sigh, they won’t survive without me.

A/N: What do you think? How will Jack manage with zombie infested yard? What will he do?

Oh..and what weapon do you choose for apocalypse? And what would be crucial eguipment for survival? What is in your survival kit? :)