23 Lost Friends

POV Jack

Thump.

Thump.

THU-THUMP.

My head feels sour and I feel sick. I feel my heartbeat pounding inside of my head. My insides feel like twisting and I struggle to keep myself together. My eyesight is blurry when I open my eyes, slowly I see the figures around me better. I am back in the isolation room where I first woke up in North Pole.

When I tried to stand my knees gave in which caused me to fall on the ground. “W-what is going on?” I whispered when I felt powerless. All strength had vanished from me while I layed on the hard bed unconscious. I try to remember what happened.

I look to my right and my neck is hurting me, I touch the spot and it aches. I look towards the wall that is a full mirror, from my reflection I see a bruise on my neck. It was from needle sting. Images rush into my mind, Guardians telling me that I am not allowed to go, how they kept me here by force and even drugged me. No wonder that I am not feeling so good.

Something leaded to that situation but what was it? The thumping sensation on my head got worse but I still try to figure out the reasons. I close my eyes and I am remembering something, a pair of stunning blue eyes that you could dive into like in the purest lagoon. My body shivers from the pain while I try to remember. It started with an ‘E’? I think.

“E.T?” I whispered and shook my head, no. It was not that. “Edna?” I sighed, nope.. Not Edna which is actually a volcano. I tap the floor with my fingers. “E…El.. Ella? No.. Esme? No.. It is a name for sure,” I wondered in my thoughts. I close my eyes and I lean my chin on my hand. “El.. Els..Elsa,” I open my eyes and I gasp. “Elsa!” I stuff my hand to my hoodie’s pocket and I feel a piece of paper. My hands shiver when I take it out, unfolding it carefully.

Yeah it was her who I wanted to remember. It was merely a photo edit but I met her before at the hospital. She seemed to recognize me but I didn’t take it like reality back then. I thought that she mistaken me for someone else because.. s-she tried to kiss me. My cheeks feel hot now and I see from my reflection that my face is in the shade of faint pink. I slap my cheeks couple of times and say to myself, “No Jack, no time for daydreaming!”

Now I remember her, I wanted to find her. I will find her. After turning around I gazed on the door, I must get out from here. I inhaled deeply and I ran. I ran and hit the door with my shoulder. Then again. And again.

”Just. Freaking. OPEN!” I yelled when I ran on the door three more times. No use, I frowned while watching at the door. “You piece of crap!” I yelled again and I kicked on it.

Squeek!

I saw how the door finally gave in, it fell to ground. The hinges broke, hah. I step outside from the room and I look around. No sign of the guardians, now is my chance to run away. I sneak on the corridors, avoiding especially North’s number one worker, Phil.

Crap, some conversation. I press my body tightly against the wall, I hear footsteps. The Guardians are walking towards me and my palms are getting sweaty. I sure hope that they won’t find me. I sighed deeply when they passed me. I sneaked to the direction where they came.

I saw my equipment on a desk, Jim was sleeping on the ground and hat a rag covering his face. I must act as silent as possible. I look around me and I see no one else besides of him. Slowly I crawl to the desk and then I stood up. “Oh yeah!” I exhaled when my fingers touched my sniper rifle and my staff. Woops, I must not get too excited or Jim might wake up, he just snorted.

I threw the rifle on my shoulder and then I took a belt that held a hunting knife. I clipped it on my waist and then I tied my staff to my back also. Now I only need the transportation to get the hell away from here. I sneaked my way in to the hall that would lead outside. There were cars and a helicopter. They sure had some neat looking stuff, I thought to myself when my hand slide on red car’s surface.