15 Two Sisters

POV Anna

The streets were almost empty. When we passed the ‘Belle’s Groceries’ store we saw them. Almost 50 zombies were banging the store’s doors. Marc drove the humvee to a smaller street and turned it off. “What now?” Kristoff went to him.

“We need to walk rest of the way to Town Hall or those things might follow us because of the humvee’s sound,” Marc took out a belt that had some knives hanging from it. He tied it around his waist and Alexa took out a shotgun. “Do you have ammo to borrow?” Alexa asked us and Mavis nodded while throwing her a small sack.  Alexa made the bag pounce in her hands and I could hear how the metal bullets hit each other. “Thanks,” she smiled happily while stuffing the ammo to her pockets.

Johnny was getting his oversized back bag on him, Mavis helped him while laughing. “Those two we’re allowed to date just lately,” Kristoff whispers to me. “Mavis is actually daughter of Count Dracula who restricted her just until lately,” Kristoff told me and shivered. “She is behind of me, isn’t she?” Kristoff seemed nervous as Mavis was standing behind of him with her arms crossed. “Telling my life story? Huh?” She said with furious tone but laughed afterwards.

“Just came to tell you that we will split to three different groups. My group will be me and Johnny,” she smirked and wrapped arm around Johnny who laughed nervously. “Marc can go with Anna and Kristoffy,” Mavis pointed at us. “Kristoff,” I saw how he looked annoyed while he corrected his name. “Peter, Kida and Alexa can go to another way,” Mavis seemed satisfied to her choices.

We all went to different ways. Our plan was to look around the places near the town hall and search for my sister and Hans when we reach it. “Psst! In here!” Marc was waving his hand to us and we went to him. “We can go through this store and we will get to town square and town hall pretty easily!” Marc smirked as we all sneaked our way in. We had to sneak inside the Belle’s grocery shop, I startled when we entered the actual store part. The banging that the zombie’s made was horrible to listen.

“Show me your hands!” A brunette girl was standing in front of us and holding a book, ready to hit us. “Hey! Calm down lady!” Kristoff gasped when the girl slammed his face with that book. “The world is crazy!” The girl snapped,”And now you try to rob me and my dad!” A small white haired man came to us.

The man touched the girl’s back, “Calm down Belle. They might need help.” That man had some compassion. “Well, if they help us to escape I might let them to take something dad!” Belle turned around and was glaring at us.

Kristoff stood up and rubbed his cheek where the book had hit, Marc was having a hard time controlling himself not to laugh. “I think we can arrange that, we were just passing by,” I said while holding my chin up. “Well, we need to get to my boyfriend’s apartment but we don’t have equipment,” Belle glanced us and especially our weapons. “We will take you!” Marc cleared his throat. Great, another detour, I thought.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang. We all watched towards the store’s windows and doors. They were broken and the zombies were coming inside. “Run!” Kristoff yelled and we all sprint to different ways. Kristoff had Belle following him, Marc had taken Belle’s dads hand. I was alone, cornered by two of those monsters.

The storage unit. My hands touched the shelves behind of me and I climbed up. I run on top of the selling stands and I saw a sign telling ‘Exit’ that lit the dark corner with its green glow. The zombie’s were still far enough when I ran towards the door and jumped down. I pushed it open with my shoulder and I saw the town square. I was separated from the others but I don’t have time to look back.

I ran as fast as I can, avoiding the hands that wish to tear me apart as I ran past zombies that are walking on the yard mindlessly. The town hall is on higher grounds and I run the stairs up, slamming the twin doors open as I enter inside. I break down a chair and took one of it’s legs that I use to lock the door. I place the leg behind the handles, when I back up I see how the doors give in slightly as the zombie’s try to get in. Those things are growling and grunting as they push the door.