14 Free Fall

POV Hiccup

I woke up to weird ruckus and my whole face was aching. Opening my eyes was difficult and when I touched my face it felt like crap. Swollen and beaten up. Merida was yelling to Jack and my eyesight started to clear as well as my hearing.

When I asked what was happening I was slowly realizing it by myself. I line of steel bars was showing in front of my eyes. This was a prison, no a cell. Three cells, I am isolated from the others. Girls were in the middle cell, Elsa was on the floor crying and held by Punzie. Merida was staring to another cell where Jack was desperately trying to avoid being devoured by vicious looking police officer.

Merida yelled directions to Jack who at first easily avoided the sudden rushes of that undead police officer, a zombie. Jack seemed tired now, “Figure out something!” Punzie was staring at me with her green eyes watering. A plan. A plan.. Plan.. Do a plan.

”Heureka!” I jumped up and it made blood rush into my head, making my world feel dizzy and fuzzy for a few moments. I rubbed my forehead with my fingers for few seconds to regain control of myself. “What! Tell us already!” Jack yelled.

I see how Jack kneeled to ground, catching his breath. “Push that officer against the bars that are on girls side.” Jack glanced at me for a moment, his mouth forming an ’o’, wondering why I ordered him to do so. “NOW!” I yelled and he stood up with his legs shaking and he was losing his balance. His gaze lifted back up and with a yell he run, his shoulder hit the zombie first. He pushed it against the bars which made him grunt.

“And? Any other good ideas?” Jack sounded exhausted while he spoke and tried to avoid being bitten. “Punzie! Use your hair and hold that zombie still!” Punzie looked at me terrified, her hands went through her long gold blonde hair and she gasped. “What are you planning?” She stood up.

I sighed, ”Just do it before Jack is overrun!” Punzie stuffed some of her hair to Jack’s side as I told her to do. They managed to wrap it around the zombie. ”Now you can let go of it Jack, keep the guy steady girls!” They all nodded to me, this is going to work was only thing on my mind.

“What now genious?” Merida glared at me. ”Yo! Jack” I yelled to him. “Kick that things face off! I know that you can do it?” He watched me with confusion until I see how he cocked his eyebrow and smirked. “Sure,” he chuckled and lifted his fists into fighting pose. “Wait!” Elsa yelled. Jack hummed to her.

I saw how Elsa opened the shoelaces and I noticed that those were quite manly for her. “Here Jack!” She slipped the shoes from between the bars and Jack took them, putting them on his feet. So there his shoes went.

Again Jack was standing in his fighting pose while Merida and Punzie were pulling the zombie against the bars, capturing it to stay in that position. Jack lifted his right leg to air, figuring out the way to kick the zombie, trying out the correct way to kick. “Wait!” Punzie gasped and Jack sighed, “What now?”

”My hair might get all mushy from the brain matter!” She exhaled. “Stop whining and let the man to do his thing!”Merida snapped at Punzie who nodded her approval. Jack took a deep breath and his whole body moved with his kick. The zombies skull got squashed against the cold steel bars and left a huge mess. Just one kick did do the trick. I was prepared for more work. “Where did you learn that?” I gasped since I just witnessed something really cool, he used his whole body to get power to one single kick.

“Life taught me,” he whispered while untying his shoes. Then he slipped them back to Elsa who startled when Jack’s hand slightly touched hers. She seemed so afraid which she wasn’t before. What happened when I was out?