18 The Code Name

POV Narration

Whop. Whop. Whop.

A single helicopter was flying in circles around the city of Sherwood. The night had fallen on the fourth day of the Apocalypse, after the zombies had infested USA. It seemed like it was on a search, it had a beam of light focused on the ground, the light spot moved on the surroundings, lighting roads, rocks and houses.

On the ground a fast figure was moving forward, staying in the shadows and keeping a look out. He listened to every sound of the forest, keeping alert while hiding in a berry bush. His hands were fiddling on the radio transmitter.

Bzzt.. Bzzt…

The radio made electric sounds before muffled voice started to spoke. ”Respond code Easter!” Quickly the man picked up, “Geez you startled me mate! I thought that we agreed to use morse code, aye?” A moment of silence before the voice spoke again. “Yeah I know Bunnymund! So sorry but Sandman is a bit busy shooting some zombie heads,” a girly voice giggled. “Wait Toothiana, I heard something,” Bunnymund turned around and glanced over his shoulder. His hand went to his back slowly and his fingers touched the cool surface of his boomerang.

The steps were heavy sounding and a chubby white bearded man came towards Bunnymund. “Oh, it’s you North,” he sighed and North laughed. ”Sorry to startle you Bunny, I believe that we got contact from above?” Bunny nodded, in fact they just got contact from helicopter. North took the radio speaker to his hand, “So, what is our mission Tooth?” He said with his rough Russian accent.

“We will show you, just focus your eyes on the light beam. Go for it code Man in the Moon,” they heard how Tooth told to their mission leader Manny to show their next mission. Top secret.

Their eyes followed the beam that traveled on river’s shore. It nailed into a man who was limping forward and dragging a stick behind of him. He was one of the turned ones. “Got it! We will take care of him!” Bunny said cheerfully, soon they would get another opportunity to behead some zombies.

Bunny placed the radio away from his hands and glanced towards North who was also preparing his swords like Bunny who was taking his boomerang out.

Bzzt… Bzzzt..

Both Bunny and North stayed still when the radio made a noise. Someone is going to contact them.

“Respond code Christmas,” another voice called. “Yes?” North took the speaker. Bzzzt…Bzzt.. ”Give support to Tooth and Sandy,” the voice said. ”Do not engage towards that boy, I repeat, do not.” Manny ordered them. Bunny and North looked at each other. Suddenly Bunny took the speaker from North, “Oi! Manny! Are you taking another test sample again? Respond!” Bunny yelled in annoyed way. Bzzt.. Bzzzt… The radio went silent.

Whoop. Whoop. Whoop. Bunny and North glance up and see the helicopter near the boy. They shrug their shoulders as they ran towards the place. Tooth is already standing at the helicopter’s doorway, tying a rope around her waist. “Faster!” Bunny yells to North when they jump on river rocks. They see how the boy zombie looks up towards the sound.

Tooth dives down and the gunfire starts. Sandy is using machine gun to shoot the enemies, zombies that are furthest away from the helicopter. Bunny’s and North’s mission is to take care of things at land, kill the closest ones. “Protect code Fairy!” Bunny yells to North who hits two zombies that were limping towards the helicopter place. The heads fell off at the same moment when North smiled and nodded to Bunny.

Tooth dived from the helicopter, head first and directly next to that zombie boy. “Hello gorgeous!” She giggled to that boy, “Oh my! Aren’t you a feisty one!” She avoided easily that zombies tries to bite his teeth to her flesh. Her mouth formed an ‘o’ when she saw the boys teeth. “Oh my, oh my! I will definitely ask to have your teeth to my collection if Jasmine fails in her experiments again!” She crossed her arms.