10 Fly to Safety!

POV Jack

I peek outside from the hole in the door. I need to back up quickly when the fist hits it again, this time it comes through completely. The girl named Astrid changed to one of those undead, her fist is getting scratched to blood when the wood hits her flesh as she bangs the door.

“Ideas?” I whisper to Hiccup. He was in front of his drawing board, mumbling by himself and making sketches. “Heureka!” He yelled and came to me showing his sketch. ”Uh.. is that supposed to be me?” There was a tiny drawn stick figure that was holding a thing that slightly resembled my staff. “Yeah but you can’t expect something spectacular in this amount of time!” He exhaled and I nodded my approval.

“Please guys, hurry!” Merida yelled as she was keeping the bed steady against the door. Astrid’s whole hand was now through it and her groaning sounded awful. The twins and the guy called Fishlegs were also now at the door and trying to push through. The whole door was shaking from their power.

Hiccup cleared his throat, “So, Jack. You take that rope from there,” he pointed at his closet door, “ and then you go to my balcony.” I nodded. “WAIT! You have a balcony in sky builder?” I exhaled and he smiled.

“Jack. Concentrate,” Hiccup sighed and I nodded but couldn’t resist smiling. A balcony in sky builder, geez! We are so high. “So what about me, rope and the balcony?” I smirked to him. He chuckled and smiled faintly, “And a set of wings.”

My eyes widened. “You don’t say that?” He nodded, ”Yeah, put on the wings and fly! Don’t forget the rope!” He pushed me close to wall and pulled curtains off. Indeed there was a narrow door leading to a balcony.

“It is coming through!” Punzie exhaled. ”Hold him still!” Hiccup was now holding a weird thing that had two metallic dew drop shaped things attached to straps. Punzie grabbed my waist and Elsa held my arms, “Hey! No!” Soon I was wearing a thing Hiccup called as ‘sky glider’. I am a daredevil but this is a bit much.

“This is the only chance,” Hiccup whispered and I saw how half of the door was already missing. “Soon they will get in, “ Hiccup swallowed loudly. “Aha. So, where do I glide?” I walked onto the balcony.

Hiccup pointed across the street and forward. “I think that mall rooftop couple of blocks further will be alright,” He patted my back. “This really works?” I gasp as I watch my destination so far away and low. And far. “Sure it will pal,” he laughs nervously and ties the rope around me.

I sigh and jump. Falling. Falling and Falling. ”Open the wings you fool!” Hiccup’s voice reaches me and I spread my arms. The air lifts me, raising me up. The climbing rope isn’t tightening yet. Maybe I will succeed. The mall’s roof is getting closer. Closer. TOO CLOSE! I hit onto elevator shafts ventilation system. ”These darn things don’t have brakes!” I shook the wings off and untied the rope from around me.

“Now, where should I tie this..” I run all over the roof, but then I see a perfect place to tie the rope. There is the Antenna pole, I secure the rope and pull it three times. I feel how the rope gets tighter also three times, they responded me similarly. First there comes Punzie and directly after her a bag that is filled with weapons arrives. They use the climbing gear to glide down. “God the situation is bad in there,” Punzie exhales.

The whirling sound appears again, Hiccup send Toothless down and we untie his dog. Where is she? As soon as Hiccup’s dog is on the roof the sound appears again. They move fast since the rope is placed really highly compared to the landing spot. The red hair catches my attention, this time it was Merida. She unclips herself quickly. ”They’re in trouble!” she turns around and looks at the balcony’s direction. I see that in her back is tied my Staff and her crossbow.