34 The Antidote

POV Anna

I have gone through every corner of the secret hideout. My friends in Atlantica are alright, we have taken radio contact every day for one week that we have been stuck on the secret base of the guardians. They are some sort of soldier unit which is trying to eliminate these zombies. However I feel like locked up in here.

This place is getting boring and I am walking around. It is noon and then they start their training routines and I go to their training room. Jack is already there, having his usual playful argument with Bunnymund. “You’re getting pale, mate,” Bunnymund grins and throws the boomerang at panting Jack who jumps over it easily. He runs towards Bunny and waves the staff as he moves, Jack slams the staff on ground and gives a smirk to Bunny. “I just am pale,” Jack chuckles.

Bunny crosses his arms and points behind of Jack, “You might wanna duck mate.” Jack glances over his shoulder and jumps down. He barely dodged the boomerang which flew back to satisfied looking Bunny. Jack jumped up and was laughing while he wiped some dust off from his hoodie.

CLAP. CLOP. CLAP. CLOP.

We all turned around when we heard some fast running steps coming from the corridor. Suddenly Jasmine was leaning on the doorway and panting, her hair was sticking to every direction and her normally neat looking tied up hair was all messy. She has been working hard to get the antidote finished.

“Hey! I think that I got it now!” Jas yelles in excitement and we all rushed to her. “Elsa is there making more but I think we have it now! The right combination to antidote!” Jack smirked happily and I smiled. ”C’mon Anna!” Jack looked at me and took my hand, we were running towards laboratory while Jas was left to explain the process to Guardians.

“Elsa did it! I knew that she would be a great help,” Jack smiled to me. ”Yeah, Elsa is really smart,” I laughed and Jack nodded. Elsa actually had studied some chemistry before I almost forced her to continue her ice skating career. Jack gets excited from almost everything that Elsa does.

I had to catch my breath after we arrived to the lab. “Give me a sec,” I said and took support from my knees. “Sure,” Jack chuckled and went to Elsa who was smiling to us. Jack pulled Elsa into a kiss. His stamina is much higher than mine, little run seems to be nothing to him. Me on the other hand, well I am suffocating!

I inhaled deeply and stand with straight back. “So, the antidote?” I giggled and both Elsa and Jack glance at me, ending their kiss. Jack petted Elsa’s cheek while backing up. “Yup, you did a huge discovery?” Jack smirked and made Elsa blush. ”Uh.. it was more of Jas work but I helped,” Elsa pointed at a table where were three small sample bottles.

Jas came inside, “I see that you’re already here. Jack, wipe away the lipstick from you would you? Bunny might have a laugh.” Jack grinned and winked his eye while wiping his lips to his hoodie’s sleeve. I look around me,” Where is Al?”

Blush sneaked on Jas’s cheeks. She has been dating Al for years but she still gets blushed which I think as sweet. Oh, I miss Kristoff right now. “Al is getting rid of a body,” Jas whispers and I look at her. “W-what happened?” I gasped.

Elsa touches my shoulder, “We tried out the antidote which is also a vaccine. Al brought as one zombie but it was too late for it.” I glance at Jas and I am feeling confused. Jas sighed, “That zombie was too far gone. It changed back but the body was already dead. It might only work after being bitten so.. we need to try it out.”

Silence lurked into the room and the rest of the Guardians arrived to the room. “So you heard the news?” Bunnymund finally said. ”One of us needs to be bitten and then trying out the antidote,” North said and sighed.