24 The Mansion of Broken Dreams

POV Anna

We are enjoying the warmth of a fire place. Adam’s house is big and cold but in the living room it is nice and cozy. “Would you guys want something to drink? I mean it would be our pleasure since you helped us out in the grocery store?” Belle smiles to us. “Of course!” Marc yells and continues sharpening his set of kitchen knives. He says that they will get rusty from the blood stains if he doesn’t maintain them. We all should maintain our weapons as he told us.

“Just a second and I will fetch you some soda,” Belle waves us. “Can I come with you?” I quickly run after her. “Sure,” She smiles and shrugs her shoulders. We walk to the kitchen and she opens a door. “Oh! This place has a vine basement!” I exhaled in awe. ”Yes, it is nice to have since electricity is out. It keeps things cool,” she walked on the faraway corner of the basement and I heard the sound that glass bottles do when they hit each other. “Here,” she handed me a basket full of soda’s. “Oh, there is strawberry soda! My favorite,” I squealed happily and she chuckled.

We handed everyone drinks and just sat there. “Do you think that the world will be the same after everything is over?” Alexa sighed and took a sip of her drink. I stare at the fire and think of Elsa, actually I hope that things will be better after this, she speaks to me so rarely so maybe we will be closer after this? “Sure, why not?” Peter chuckled. ”If civilizations were created in the first place people can rebuild them,” Johnny said happily and was working with fixing his radio.

“Can I sit here?” I look up and I see Kristoff, I nod to him and make some room to him to sit. He sits down and lost his balance for a moment, his body slightly goes over me and we both laugh. Johnny and Mavis give each other a remarking glare. Kristoff leans his arms on couch back support and my cheeks blush. Slowly I crawl my way closer to him. He blushes hard when I rest my head on his shoulder but I feel how his left hand goes over my left shoulder. Alexa grins widely and does a winning gesture.

Bang. Bang. BANG!

”I.. I .. I think that someone or something is at the door,” Belle whispers and grabs on Adam’s hand.

Bang. Bang.

“Let us in, please!” It is a girl screaming. We all look at each other. Slowly we walk towards the front door, and the banging and begging gets louder. Adam quickly takes the chairs and drawers away from the door and opens it. A group of people and a dog burst inside and Alexa shoots one zombie out, it tried to sneak in after them.

“God, I thought that we were goners!” A guy sighs in relief. “Hiccup!” Marc yells and runs to hug the guy. I look everyone of them. There are four girls and three guys, apparently one of them is Hiccup. The one with fake leg. I see how a black dog licks Marc's hand and he pets the dog at the same time when he laughs with Hiccup happily. Seems like they know each other.

“Whoa! Never has a job been this easy!” Peter yells in excitement. ”What do you mean?” I ask from him and he points at the redheaded girl, “Merida of DunBroch just ran from front door!” Pocahontas is playing with her hunter knife, “I see that we don’t need my tracking skills anymore since the prey has come here.” Everyone stares at her, did she just speak of them as a prey?

Peter laughs nervously, “Sorry, if she is tracking she needs to be focused on her ‘prey’ as she calls it.” Pocahontas takes out her bag and opens the backdoor. “Maybe we will meet again,” she smiles and runs outside. “D-did she just leave?” Belle gasps and Peter nods, “Yeah. She goes her own way and has expert skills on surviving.”

“So, if we were looking these people.. Where is Elsa, m-my sister?” I look at the gang. The blonde haired girl cries, “S-she didn’t make it. We lost h-her few hours ago.” The guy with some beard on his face embraced the girl. I started to panic, “N-no! Not Elsa no!” Kristoff came to give me a hug. ”I am sorry Anna. Just don’t give up, your sister would not want that, huh?” He petted my head when I cried.