hurt me - part one // Richie

Age: fifteen (I know it's not true to the movie. This is an au, son!)

Y/N - Your name
N/N - Nickname

it only becomes a war when people start picking sides — Kobla Aseye Afeku

You watched anxiously as two of your closest friends argue. Bill and Richie were close to ripping each other's throats out when it came to whether or not the Losers Club should go back into that godforsaken crack house and face the demonic entity that haunted you dangerously. The Losers Club surrounded the two, feeling awkward and on edge with their bike beside them. You were ready to let go of your handle bars in order to break the two apart if it got physical, but the argument was a long time coming. Anyone could see the obvious tension building between the two during the past month.

"Bill, are you fucking kidding me right now?! Eddie's arm is broken and look at this fucker!" Richie almost screams with disbelief and horror as he motions to Ben, whose stomach was bleeding rather profusely. You winced, the stupid clown had gotten a quite swipe on him. "He's bleeding hamburger helper!" You wanted to chuckle at Richie's lame ass comparison for Ben's injury, but you didn't have the heart to, not after seeing what happened in that horrid house.

"R-Richie, we can't-t just leave and n-not destroy that c-clown." Bill manages to stutter out as Richie lets out a dry laugh, rolling his eyes. You sigh, knowing this argument was not going to end well, both boys were as stubborn as each other.

"Bill, I'm not going to let you endanger our friends again for the sake of your stupid hopeless search for your dead brother. Y/N would agree with me, right N/N?" Richie turned to you with pleading eyes. You felt your stomach flip as your best friend and childhood crush pouted playfully, despite the situation being debated at hand. Your heart sank at the look on Bill's face when Richie mentioned Georgie. You knew that even with his hope and denial, Bill knew the truth about Georgie. He just couldn't admit it. You sigh, mumbling sadly.

"Richie, don't drag me into this." Richie looks at you with surprise and disbelief, but soon hardens his expression, his lips pressed in a thin line and eyes narrowed. It felt awful, your friend giving you such a look.

"Well, what's your opinion? There's no way you can go back into that fucking house, Y/N." He raises his voice at you. It was only slight, but it was evident. You furrow your eyebrows at the immature boy. Richie never dared raised his voice at you, even when the two of you were fighting. Beverly and the boys look at each other knowingly. You and Richie always argued when it came to important things, but this was different and they knew it was about to get worse.

"Richie, that thing took Ginny and if there's even a miniscule chance of getting her back, I would risk my life for that one tiny chance." You knew that Ginny was gone, but you stood in solidarity with Bill. You were both pained sigh grief and going after that clown seemed to be the only solution to find peace. You don't point out Richie's attitude as you bluntly state your place, mentioning your sister who had been missing since the start of Summer. Richie scoffs, rolling his eyes. He walks closer to you, staring directly into your eyes with a look of challenge and anger.

"Richie, don't-" You cut Stan off by putting your hand up to silence him, annoyance and loathing filling your stomach, knowing that Richie was going to swing hard.

"It's okay, Stan. Whatever he says, at least I know that he's telling me how he really feels." Your head snaps back to Richie. "Come on, Tozier, spill your guts. They don't call you Trash Mouth for nothing." Richie bites his lip, trying to refrain his anger, but his mouth opens and everything comes spilling out.

"Y/N, Ginny is dead. Plain and simple. She's dead and there's no way we can get her back. Everyone agrees with me, but no one has the guts to say it to your face since you're so emotional and damaged, so I'm just going to do it for them. You need to give up." Richie hisses and you feel your heart thump harder, heat rising through your body as you're filled with a feeling of nausea, your body shaking as you take a step closer to Richie, your eyes never leaving his as you get in his face.

"Don't you dare talk about my sister, you weren't there that day. I can't help that your family isn't functional, Richie." You didn't want to take that swipe, but tears filled your eyes, pain burning in your stomach. "Who do you think you are, telling me I'm emotional and damaged. You come from a broken home." Richie's shoulders tense as he huffs. All you had been talking about all Summer was Ginny. Richie knew better than to say anything, but he was angry and the boy didn't know what he was saying.

"Y/N, your home is barely any better. Your father is a drunk who left and your mother now a workaholic who ignores you because she can't bare to look at the reason that her youngest child disappeared." You can feel a scream rising in your throat, your head and heart now thumping like a shitty drummer is crashing on cymbals in your head.

"Richie!" Beverly tries to interrupt, yelling at the boy, but it was no use — his words could not be taken back and even in his fury, he knew. He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach when he saw the absolute state you were in. "You are the reason Ginny's dead, she's lying in that fucking sewer because you didn't pay enough attention to walk her home from school. You were too distracted in your own little world, dreaming of whatever fucking dumbass boy you are obsessed with. You are the reason our friends are in danger. You are the reason that that clown is after us and I hate you for that. Ginny is gone, Y/N. And it's all your fault. I fucking hate you!" A large slapping sound echoes the surrounding area and Richie stumbles back a step, holding his cheek as you begin to sob, feeling light-headed and a little guilty. The Losers Club just sat in shock as you screamed, releasing all anger and sadness in front of the idiotic boy.

"Tozier, I'm gone, it's fine. I won't bother you any longer. I know that it's my fault that all of this is happening, don't you think I don't regret everyday because I couldn't save her, I can't save you guys. Don't you think I'd rather it be me in Ginny's place and Ginny being able to grow up and be happy. I know what I've done, Richard, I'm not stupid." You cry, your voice hoarse. "You can hate me, if that's what you want." Richie's heart shatters when he hears your voice crack. "But there is never a day I could hate you, Richie. No matter the stupid shit you say because I love you and I would run into that house and kill that clown with my bare hands just make sure you're safe." You felt like your lungs were collapsing as your eyes allowed waterfalls of tears to burn your face and eyes. You turn on your heel and with that, you hurry off. The Losers Club watches the poor imbecile as stared at the spot where you were just standing. He felt he had hurt you much more than that dumb circus freak did.

"Richie..." Eddie speaks up, his gaze on the boy filled with sorrow and a little bit of anger.

"Fuck you all." Richie snaps back into defensive mode and rides off, leaving his friends in complete and utter shock from watching the scene unfold.

WORD COUNT: 1358 words