mystery girl // Bill

Y/N/N - Your nickname, Y/N - Your Name

Based after the events of IT.
Age: sixteen

'We talked like lovers and laughed like best friends.' — unknown, Pinterest

Y/N'S POV
You and Bill had been best friends for a while and you knew everything about each other. You both were very open and vulnerable, sharing a special kind of connection. It bothered you, that the only think Bill wouldn't tell you, was his crush. You'd watched him date and get dumped by girls too many times to count because they couldn't cope with the amount of emotional support Bill needs to help with his mental health. It breaks your heart that they all mistreat your best friend, who you'd grown to have feelings for. You told each other everything, yet he wouldn't budge on this one subject.

"So who's jumping first?" Eddie asks, his eyes staring down at the water in a startled fashion. You snapped from your train of thought and smirked at the terrified boy.

"You know I'm always up for a challenge, Eds." You strip your shirt and shorts before running towards the edge of the cliff. "I have bigger balls than all of you!" You cackle as your feet left the ground, your arms wrapping around your legs in a canon ball position. You hear the boys groan in annoyance and Bill's chuckles could be heard from here. Moments after, they came splashing after, screeching with fear as their tall and lanky bodies hit the surface of the water. Bill surfaces and you playfully splash him, swimming towards the rocky cave that was carved underneath the cliff. As you hop out, you could feel Bill's eyes on your body. You shake the feeling off, wet footsteps following behind you.

"T-that was p-pretty funny back t-there, Y/N/N." Bill emits a laugh and your heart melts, turning to face him as you sit on a nearby rock. You pat the spot beside you, motioning for him to sit down. He sits down beside you, leaning close to keep body heat. You felt your cheeks flush cherry red, but pretend to be oblivious to it.

"You know I've always been a bit of a dare devil, B." You continue to chat and laugh, discussing school and stupid drama. "Now tell me." You bat your eyes with a sly voice. "Who is this mysterious girl that you always keep talking about. It's driving me crazy not knowing." Bill swallows a lump in throat before continuing.

"I can't really say." You scoff with annoyance.

"At least describe her to me." Bill grins, gazing at his feet. Man, he really likes this girl.

"She's just such a g-g-genuine, down-to-e-earth person-n. She believes in h-her passions and goals, not to m-m-mention she's adventurous. She's so-o confident and beautiful with her s-s-stunning E/C eyes that I could g-gaze into for days. She just makes me f-f-feel alive." You felt your heart sunk. You fawned to be the girl of your best friend's dreams, but you knew that it wasn't possible.

"She sounds amazing. Why don't you just ask her out?" Bill scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, I c-can't. She's way out of my l-league." You roll your eyes, your heart thumping at the touch of your knees.

"I honestly doubt it, you're a genuinely awesome guy. I bet she likes you back, you just need to ask her out." Bill smiles sheepishly.

"I'm t-too nervous." You sigh understandingly.

"Practice on me." You knew it would hurt, to know it wasn't you, but you want to make your best friend happy. Ignoring the splashes of the boys around you, Bill lets out a small laugh before smirking cheekily.

"Okay," he regains his composure. "Y/N, y-y-you're one of the be-e-est people in my l-life and you mak-ke my life a hundred times better. Would y-you go out w-w-with me?" Tucking a piece of hair behind your ear, you state your judgement to the teenage boy, who was stuttering way more than usual due to his nerves.

"See, that was easy. Now you can finally tell the lucky girl." Bill stares at you for a second before taking a deep breath, knowing his decision could make or break your friendship.

"I already did." You felt like time stops as you gaze into Bill's eyes, your shock extreme. There's a few moments of silence before you grab the back of his neck and pull Bill's lips down to yours. Your lips move in synch, his arms wrapping around your waist and his fingers entangling in your hair.

"AHA! I KNEW IT!" Stan yells in delight, flicking his wet hair out of his face as the boys join him. You glare playfully at him before you break out into giggles. Joy and peace filling your chest.

WORD COUNT: 838 words