hp soulmate au // Jaeden

Based on a bunch of other imagines I've seen using Amortentia. I thought it was kinda cute. I hope you like it!

Age: seventeen

Amortentia — the world's strongest love potion

Y/N'S POV
"Alright you hooligans," Snape skulked as everyone settled down. "Today, we will be making Amortentia. Would someone like to explain to me what the potion is?" You raise your hand quickly and Jaeden rolls his eyes.

"Yes, Miss L/N?" You clear your throat before explaining.

"Amortentia is a love potion that causes the person who consumes it to have an obsession with a certain person. It could be classified as love, but it's very unhealthy." Jaeden scoffs and you turn to him with a scowl.

"Is there a problem, Jaeden?" Your friend, Sophia asks with a questioning tone. Jaeden just ignored her as the professor nodded.

"Very good, Miss L/N." Snape congratulates you before returning back to the class.

"Well aren't you smart." Jaeden smirks at you, kicking the back of your chair. You turn to him, ignoring the teacher.

"Can you not be an annoying asshole for once, Lieberher? Or do you get paid to do it?" Sophia snorts with laughter after hearing your comment. Jaeden's face turns red with embarrassment as he glares at you.

"Whatever, you wish you could date me, L/N." You chuckle with laughter, hiding your feelings.

"In your dreams, Lieberher."

"Is there a problem, Mr Lieberher? Miss L/N?" Snape interrupts your petty argument. You turn to your professor.

"No, sir. Jaeden just needs to learn how to shut his mouth." Snape rolls his eyes at the two of you.

"Right, get into partners." You turn to Sophia with a hopeful look in your eyes. "Miss L/N and Mr Lieberher, you two will be partners for the lesson." You and Jaeden's jaws go slack as Richie cackles.

"But sir, she's-" Jaeden goes to argue, but Snape interrupts.

"Silence, Lieberher. Consider this your punishment for being an irritating idiot." Snape snaps at Jaeden before walking back to the front of the class. Richie and Sophia pair up as Jaeden slides into the chair next to you, sulking yet again. You begin to gather the ingredients, listening to what Snape was saying. Jaeden begins to poke you and you glare at him.

"Can you stop being annoying for once and maybe help?" Jaeden slyly grins.

"But this is more entertaining." You kick his chair in retaliation before continuing. You finish the potion after a good half an hour and lean over smelling it — it was enticing. You close your eyes, smiling softly. You smelt your favourite flower, something associated with your home and... you scrunch your nose in disgust.

"Jaeden, your cologne is so strong. It's disgusting!" Jaeden scoffs in disbelief.

"No it's not, but your perfume is ridiculously putrid today." You kick his chair again, irritated with him.

"You're being ridiculous. I'm not even wearing any!" Jaeden looks at you in disbelief, his whole face inflaming red. You stare at him with concern. "What the hell is wrong, Lieberher?! Why do you look like a tomato?"

"I'm not wearing any either." The embarrassed boy proceeds to bury his face in his hands, attempting to hide his red rosy cheeks. Sophia erupts into a fit of giggles.

"Come on, Y/N. You're not dull.  Amortentia smells different for each person, depending on what attracts them. Obviously you must like that brand... or someone who wears it." Your stomach drops and you turn as red as Jaeden.

"Jaeden and Y/N, would you please leave the classroom, since interrupting my class with your conversations seems more important than listening." You grabbed your satchel quickly, completely flustered. You run out of the class.

"Y/N!" Jaeden yells to you as you run down the hallway.

"What?!" You turn around, frustrated and upset as tears prick your eyes. Jaeden stands in front of you, holding out your journal. It was turned to a certain page, the page. You want to curl up into a ball and die as you snatch the notebook as quickly as you can from his hand. "Whatever, Jaeden. Would you please leave me alone?" You feel your tears begin to fall as you turn around, quickly wiping them so Jaeden won't see them. Jaeden grabs your shoulder and turns you around.

"No, I'm not going to leave you alone." You let your tears fall and Jaeden gently brushed them away. "I know I'm a dick to you and everything, and I'm really sorry." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "I thought you hated me, so I repressed my feelings by teasing you back." He chuckles. "It seems stupid when I say it out loud now." You giggle, wiping the last of your tears.

"I did the same because I thought you hated me!" Jaeden face palms.

"Merlin, I guess we really are stupid." You smirk cheekily.

"Well, maybe just you." Jaeden scoffs playfully. He grabs your waist and pulls you close.

"Oh shut up." He presses his lips to yours and you wrap your arms around his neck.

"No making out in the hallway, children!" You pull away startled as McGonagall yells down the hallway. Dumbledore chuckles.

"Leave them, Minerva. They seem happy." You bury your head into Jaeden's chest before smiling. You were.

WORD COUNT: 892 words