strange in love - part two

Days had turned into weeks, and weeks into months. The last day of shooting came around and it was an emotional end to the day, as you were finishing with Mileven's make up scene and it was really beautiful. You knew you wanted to tell Finn how you really felt.

"You just have to tell him. I know it's scary, but it's better than never telling him and wondering what could've happened." Natalia hugs you tightly and You nod in agreement, attempting to mentally prepare yourself. You walk onto the set of Eleven's room and Finn greets you with a welcoming smile.

"Are you ready?" You nod, unable to reply. Your heart was pounding and your palms sweating like crazy. He frowns, but doesn't ask, hugging you to his chest. You wrap your arms around him, relaxing into his arms. "We'll be okay, no matter what happens." He murmurs and you smile gently.

"I'll be okay, as long as I'm with you." You begin the scene a few moments later, packing up Eleven's cupboard and attempting to get the teddy bear from a high shelf. You gasp in frustration, getting worked out as you stare at the bear.

"They'll come back, I know they will." You turn your gaze to Finn, who walks into the room. He grabs the teddy bear and hands it to you. You hug the bear to your chest.

"Thanks." The both you act awkward as you had been told to.

"Packed your walkie, right?" You smile, your eyes never leaving his.

"Yes." Finn smiles back, his eyes bright.

"Because you know I'm gonna steal Cerebra from Dustin and call you so much that you're gonna have to turn it off, right?" You giggle under your breath as Finn gives you his signature wide-eyes smile. The two of you are silent for a moment, your characters unsure of what to say.

"Did you walk to your Mum," You brought up. "About Thanksgiving?" Finn nods enthusiastically.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got the okay. I'll be there." Your heart flutters from his doe-eyed gaze. "And I was thinking maybe you could come up here for Christmas... and Will too! You can come before or after Christmas depending on whatever Mrs Byers wants, but I was thinking Christmas Day could be super fun because we'll all have brand new presents to play with and ah-" Finn rambles and you hold back a laugh, admiring the boy as his character cringed. "Ah, sorry, that... made me sound like a seven year old. I-" You finally cut in as scripted, interrupting the Wheeler boy's rant, even though you could listen to him ramble all day.

"I-I like presents too." You smile sheepishly and he grins back lopsidedly.

"Yeah, cool, yeah. I like, I like presents too." The whole scene was so awkward and you wanted to crack up laughing, but you knew it was a serious and emotional scene for both characters.

"Cool." You remove your gaze from his and walk around him. The both of you had looks of confusion and frustration on your faces, being shot out from the awful conversation. You take a deep breath and find the courage to turn back around. "Mike," You state softly and he turns around.

"Yeah?" His gaze focused mainly on the ground. You sigh and take another deep breath, your heart pounding in your throat.

"Remember that day... at the cabin." You start, anxiously playing with the teddy bear in hand. "You were talking to Max..." The boy attempts to hide his blush and plays dumb.

"Ummm, I don't think I follow." Eleven tries again, a sinking feeling in your character's chest, a feeling that you're familiar too.

"You talked about your feelings, your heart." Mike blinks rapidly, Finn trying to make the character even more awkward.

"Oh, um... oh yeah, that! That was so long ago... um." He rubs the back of his neck. "No, it was just heat of the moment stuff." You look down, feeling a little uneasy. "And we were arguing and, um... I don't really remember... what did I say exactly." You look at him with furrowed brows, trying to remain calm.

"Mike..." You state softly again, walking toward the boy, internally freaking out. You place your hand on his cheek and allow your fingers to play with a lock of his curls. "I love you too." You lean in and kiss the boy. He remains shocked, baffled by the admittance. Before you pull away fully, you whisper to the young man. "I love you, Finn Wolfhard." You pull away, smirking softly and turning around. You squeeze your eyes shut and take another deep breath before leaving the room, pure shock stuck on Finn's face.

"Good job, guys!" You barely hear your congratulations as you quickly walk away from the set and towards your trailer, panic setting in at what you had said. 

"Y/N!" You year from behind you as your hand grabs the handle of the trailer. Before you can twist, a rather large and familiar hand lands on top of yours. Your gaze remains on the door, your body facing the tall and lanky teenager. "Y/N," His voice says softly and you shiver at your name on his lips.

"Yes?" You murmur, refusing to meet his gaze. His stare bore into you and all you wanted was to look at him, but you stopped yourself, tears filling your eyes. You weren't prepared for rejection, you shouldn't have let the cast talk you into this.

"Look at me." He pleads, squeezing your hand as a few tears escaped your eyes.

"Finn, I don't want to be humiliated right now. I'm sorry, what I did was-" You ramble and Finn interrupts.

"Look at me." He says sternly, his grip tightening slightly on your hand and you feel fear rise in your chest. In a fit of frustration and anger, you swing your head around, your eyes now red from your crying.

"What, Finn?! Wh-" Finn presses his lips to yours, grabbing your hips and pulling you flush against him. You gasp and let out a small mewl, your hands reaching his hair and playing with his curls as the kiss deepened. You soon pulled away, resting your foreheads against one another's.

"I love you too." You let out a laugh of relief, closing your eyes and hugging Finn tightly by wrapping your arms around his neck.

"YES!" You hear a yell and glance to see Joe and Gaten freaking out. Their loud exclamation of victory summoned the rest of the cast and you found yourself being watched. You bury your face into his chest, hiding from your cast mates. Finn chuckles, resting his chin on top of your head after planting a kiss on your forehead.

"Don't ever change, Y/N L/N. Don't ever change."

WORD COUNT: 1149 words