rock on // Finn

The songs used in this are;
* About You by G Flip
and
* Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons

________________

Age: seventeen

'Life is a song, love is the music.' — unknown

"You know that you'll have to talk to him eventually. Calpurnia is helping us open for the band." Your base player, Trixie reminds you as you tune your guitar. This was a major gig, opening for a well-known band somewhere in Toronto. You guys had been getting so many gigs lately and it had you pumped. The problem — you had to open with Calpurnia, your old band.

"I don't have to talk to him if I don't want to. I left for a reason." You don't look up as you continue to check your gear. You strum on your guitar, allowing the sound crew to adjust everything. You'd left Calpurnia a year ago. It had just been you, Finn, Jack and Malcolm. You were soon replaced by Ayla. You didn't feel any ill-will towards her — at least that's what you thought. She was one of your best friends after all, but it still stung to know that the boys could replace you so easily.

"And why did you leave?" The drummer of your band, Luke asks with a raised eyebrow, even though he'd asked the same question before. You'd never told him the real reason, knowing it was a painful truth.

"Because she couldn't get along with Finny boy if she tried." You scowl, pouting at Trixie as she giggles. Trixie knew better than to actually tell him anything. She, Ayla and Juliet were the only people you ever explained the situation to. Everyone else was completely confused by what had happened, unless Finn has told them.

"She used to though, all they used to do was eat each other's faces." Luke chuckles.

"Come on, guys. Leave her alone. She's clearly still upset. Let her be." Your keyboardist, Juliet, influences the two to ease up on you as you go back to helping set up.

"Did you at least tell Ayla that we were playing before them tonight?" Juliet asks you quietly as Luke and Trixie continue to goof off.

"I told Ayla," You rub the back of your neck.

"But let me guess." She folds her arms. "The boys don't even know you're in another band yet." She states jokingly, but when you don't reply, she gasps and whacks your arm. "It's been a year, Y/N! I thought you would've at least mentioned it once." You wince, rubbing your arm.

"I mean, Malcolm and Jack follow me on Instagram, so they already know, but I don't think they know that we're the ones playing tonight." Juliet sighs, shaking her head. As if you had jinxed yourself, Ayla runs up behind you and embraces you. You stiffen before relaxing and turning around to return her hug. You hadn't seen her in a couple months, you definitely missed your friend.

"It's so good to see you!" She chirps excitedly.

"Good to see you too, Ay. Where are the boys?"

"Out the back grabbing our gear. I can't believe you're performing before us. This is going to be awesome!" You smile at your friend, nervously tucking a piece of hair behind your ear as you bite your lip. You really didn't want to see Finn, but you knew that you'd have to.

"How's everything going with the band? I heard you finally recorded your first album." You try to hide your hurt. The boys had planned that with you months before you left — they even kept your idea for the album name.