soulmate au // Stanley

I'm doing a series of soulmate AUs mainly based off of tumblr posts. Hope you enjoy! Set in modern day.

Age: sixteen

If we'd never met, I think I would have known my life wasn't complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for — NICHOLAS SPARKS

"How about Jack Gibson?" Beverly asks, pointing out yet another boy from across the hall. You shake your head and sigh as you watch the boy walk away, oblivious to the frantic search you'd been on all morning.

"Nope." You ditch your Geography and Maths textbooks before closing your locker. "I'm so annoyed! My cheek has been tingling for hours." You swing your bag onto your shoulder as the school bell rings.

"You'll find them, Y/N." Your friend tries to reassure you as rake your fingers through your hair.

"I should get going. Auditions are in ten. See you, Bev." You hug your friend before walking off. You drag your feet along the tiled floors towards the auditorium. Beverly didn't get it. She found her soulmate so easily. You bump into Henry.

"Watch it, freak." Henry growls before walking off. You sigh, feeling hopeless.

'Why would anyone love a freak like me? Nobody wants someone with a giant black smudge on their face. Maybe I don't even have a soulmate. Maybe I could have one hundred cats and die lonely.' You try to force a smile on your face as you enter the auditorium. Miss Genre sat patiently as the other auditionees mingled. Your cheek tingles again and your heart skips a beat.

"Welcome everyone!" Your thoughts are interrupted by the head of Drama as she claps with excitement. "This year's auditions for our play are going to amazing!" We all settle ourselves a seat on the stage. You catch a sight of a familiar mop of curls and your stomach flips, your cheek tingling. You knew that he was in your class and that he hung out with the Losers club, a group you really wouldn't consider as losers. You spot a black splodge peaking out from underneath his hair. You ignore it. There's no way it could be him.

You turn back to Miss Genre as she continues with her speech. "As you know, this year's play will be Romeo and Juliet. Our first auditions will be our auditions. I will pair you up with the opposite gender and get you to read lines or recite whatever you've remembered from certain scenes." Miss Anderson, the music teacher, starts reading off the role to see if everyone is here.

"Stanley Uris." You feel a shiver go down your spine. Your body is reacting to little things. "Y/N L/N."

"Here." You call to the teacher and Stan glances back at you. Your eyes connect and you begin to get flustered.

"Okay, Ben Hanscom and Julie George. You're up first." The two weren't horrible, but they didn't have obvious chemistry. The teacher starts crossing off names. A few groups went after them. "Y/N L/N and Stanley Uris." You inhale nervously before walking onstage towards the tall boy. You two stood next to each other, sparks flying between you. There was something going on, everyone in the room could sense.

"Look, the freak's onstage." Tammy, one of the popular girls whispered and her posey laughs, making you feel vulnerable and lonely.

"Hey," you hear a small yet reassuring voice beside you. You look at Stan, his vivid brown eyes comforting you and sending literal chills down your spine. "Don't listen to them. I think you're beautiful." You can't help but let an appreciative giggle escape your lips. He laughs, his eyes never leaving yours and your whole body feels warm.

"Miss L/N, Mr Uris. Would you like to get started?" Miss Genre addresses you with a smirk, her well-plucked eyebrows raised in amusement at the two of you.

"Yes, mam." You blush and pick up a script from the front of the stage.

"Well then, go to Act one, Scene five, Page five. Begin when you're ready." You take one last look at Stan, allowing him to give you a small grin, before you began.

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." Stan goes to grab your hand during the scene, but hesitates. His words follow like a waterfall, rushing over you.

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this,
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss." You read, your eyes connecting with Stan's again. You had memorised this scene before, it was all coming back to you. Your cheeks lit up at the thought of what you knew was coming.

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?" Everyone sat in aw as they watched the two of you respond to each other perfectly, your words timed well after one another's.

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." You spot a cheeky glint in Stan's eye, but brush it off.

"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do.
They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." You watched as the boy practically embodied Leonardo Decaprio's Romeo, with his wit and charm shining through, mischief evident in the boy. His eyes never left you and you could feel it on your body when you would glance down at the script quickly.

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." You walk closer to each other, your eyes meeting for the millionth time as the space between the two of you becomes smaller and smaller.

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take." Stan almost whispers, his warm breath hitting yours. You don't have to look at the script to know what comes next. Stan places his hand gently on your cheek, sending a strange electric feeling through your body, before kissing you. You embrace him, placing your hand on the back of his neck, leaving the other one on top of his other hand, which is on your hip. You pull away as Stan says his line. "Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged." Small gasps could be heard in the crowd as their suspicions are confirmed. You weren't aware of what had happened. You smile uncontrollably at him.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took." You speak so softly, it sounds like an intimate whisper for Stan and his heart only. He caresses your cheek gently and you slightly leaned into his hand.

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!" Stan announces bravely. It feels like the whole room is empty, just the two of you. "Give me my sin again." He winks at you before kissing you again, capturing your lips with his, gently. You pull away soon after and Stan soon smirks at you, true happiness shining from him. "Looks like you're actually my Juliet, sweetheart." You excitedly run over to a mirror backstage, looking at yourself. On your cheek, where the black spot usually was, a beautiful rainbow of colours shone. You turn back and run over to Stan, almost tackling in a hug. The audience erupts in cheers.

"Guess you're my Romeo. Let's just hope we don't die so young." You peck his cheek, running your hand through his amazing curls. He chuckles before kissing your cheeks and wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you into another tight hug.

"I'm never letting you go." He whispers to you. You giggle.

"You'll have to eventually." You whisper back.

"I think we've found our Romeo and Juliet." Miss Genre tells Miss Anderson with a cheerful smile.

WORD COUNT: 1323 words