sonora - part two

Y/N'S POV

There's a few exhausted cheers before everyone heads off in different directions to grab their belongings and leave. You allow yourself get lost in the flow of the crowd in hopes to avoid Finn completely. The panic and realisation had fully set like cement in your chest and you were rushing like crazy to get away. You quickly grab your wallet, making sure your phone was on you. You race out the studio door, not caring that you were still in costume. Your head was racing with a million different thoughts, too distracted to care about your costume.

'I'll wash it and give it back tomorrow. Oh god, I'll have to face him tomorrow.' The thought of confrontation making you cringe, a pit of anxiety collecting in your stomach.

"Y/N!" You hear Finn yell from a distance and your heart stops. You had to get out of there. Anxiously, you begin speed-walking home, not caring that it was looking as if it were about to rain, the sky an ugly grey colour that was caused by the collective of storm clouds. You hear loud footsteps clashing against the pavement and go to run, when someone grabs your arm, pulling you towards them. You turn, Finn standing inches away from you, his nose almost touching yours. You felt your heart melt at his soft expression but you continued on with your mental freakout. He goes to say something and a loud bang from thunder startles you. You attempt to refrain from screaming, trying not to show weakness. You hated storms with a passion, you feared them pretty badly. It begins to rain and Finn quickly realised that you're scared out of your wits. He pulls you under a small bus shelter nearby, pulling you out of the rain. He's still in costume, his hat now soaking wet as the rain pounded down. You sit down on the metal bench situated under the shelter, trying to calm yourself as you inhaled and exhaled deeply. There was a strike of lightning followed by a large bang. You squeal this time, panicking as your head pounded and your limbs began to shake. Finn quickly pulls you into a hug, wrapping his arms around you. You hug him back, clinging onto him as tight as possible as you felt tears prick your eyes. "Hey, hey, it's okay. I've got you, you're safe here with me." You begin to warm up a little as you relax into Finn's arms. You just sit like that for a good ten minutes, calming down before your brain clicks back to the whole reason you ran out here earlier and you frantically pull away, standing up and trying to get as far away from Finn as possible as the rain continued to hammer down, showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. You are trapped in this small space with Finn, who now knew your feelings for him, and it is eating away at you.

"Come on, please." You beg the rain over and over again under your breath to at least slow down as you sat in one of the corners of the bus stop. Another loud crack from the thunder rang through your ears and you covered your mouth, breathing in and out frantically, your mind completely blank of ways to calm yourself. Your chest heaved as your nostrils flared. You didn't give a damn if you seemed weak at this point. You were scared shitless.

"Y/N. I-" Finn was cut off by yet another loud bang and you muffled your scream in your hand, practically in tears at this point.

"Now is not the time, Finn!" You raise your voice, sounding angry after moving your hand away from your mouth, but Finn knew you aren't actually angry, you're just scared and anxious.

"Getting as far away from me as possible isn't going to make you feel any better when it's storming." He states, getting up from his seat.

"Confrontation makes me anxious, Finn. So as much as my head is telling me to play the scared child and run into your arms so you can make me feel safe, I can't because I don't want to talk about what happened back there." You bluntly explain, wrapping your arms around your knees. He walks up, kneeling down right in front of you.

"So you're scared of me?" He asks quietly, his eyes piercing into yours, trying to find an answer. It made your heart pitter patter like the rain against the cement and bitumen in front of you. Before you could answer, a bang from the thunder became even louder, signalling that it was close by. You scream again, now closing your eyes tightly and placing your hands over your ears as a sob escaped your lips, tears finally dripping down your face. Finn gazed at you in your worst state and smiled, knowing that this was the girl he wanted. He had seen you at your happiest and your saddest, even now his feelings remained unchanged for his best friend. He repositioned himself, now on his knees, preparing for what he was about to do. Finn proceeds to grab your hands, pulling them away from your ears. He places his hat on the bench and his hands glide to your back. You open your eyes to see what the hell he's doing, when he pulls you forward, making you crash into his chest and catching you off guard. You squeaked out in shock as your body weight was now supported by Finn as your head awkwardly pressed into his shoulder. You lean away a little, but Finn's arms snake around your waist, pressing you as close as you possibly can to his body. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion, trying to read his face as he locks gazes with you, your hands on his shoulders to support yourself from the sudden yank. He then leans in and connects his lips to yours, pulling you as close as possible to his chest as he kisses you with warmth and passion. It was different to the on-screen kiss, more desperate and loving. Your eyes, which we were wide with surprise, now slowly close as you kiss back, leaning on him slightly. Your hands find their way to his hair, running through spots of wet and dry curls. The kiss soon ended and as you pull away, Finn grabs your wrists, keeping you as close as possible. You could feel his breath on your face as you both panted. He gazes at you again. "Are you going to run away again?" He teases with that stupid smirk that drove you crazy.

"Oh shut up, stupid." You murmur and grab his collar before pulling him towards you, reconnecting your lips feverishly as you remained sheltered from the storm in the bus stop. You were no longer fearful of the rain, being in Finn's arms seemed to have sparked bravery in you.

WORD COUNT: 1170 words