hurt me - part two

When you arrive home, the house was completely empty, your mother still at work. You close the door behind you and run up to your bedroom.

"Damn it!" You kick the wall, realising Richie was right. You lay on your bed, head down as you begin to sob into your pillow. Your sister was really gone, your mother didn't love you, your friends are in severe danger and it was all your fault. You cried harshly, your chest aching and making you cough horribly. You let all of the pain and sorrow out before falling asleep.

TIME SKIP

You walk up half an hour later to a bang downstairs. It startled you, a small gasp leaving your mouth as you sit up. You rub your eyes before getting off of your bed, stumbling a bit in a daze.

"Mum, how was work?" You shout down the stairs, opening your bedroom door. No reply is met to your answer. Your heart racing slightly, you grab one of your sister's old hockey sticks, gripping it tightly and keeping it close to your chest. You creep downstairs slowly, looking around to locate the source of the noise. You walk into the kitchen and almost scream, your supposedly dead sister standing in the middle of the tiled floor covered in dried blood, cuts and bruises, her skin flesh rotting and her mouth bloody, all of her teeth missing.

"WhY dIdN'T yoU sAvE mE, Y/N. i'M DeAd ANd iT'S YoUr FAuLt!" Your sister's corpse screamed demonically. Snapping back to reality, you grasp the stick tighter in your hand and hiss at what used to be your fear. You had accepted that Ginny was gone and you were going to avenge her, even if it took your entire life to do so.

"You're not real and you don't scare me! You killed her and now I'm going to kill you." You swing the stick at IT, but IT catches the object in its grizzly hand, changing into Richie. You drop the stick in shock. "R-richie?" You ask, almost hypnotised by his stare as he collapsed to the ground, blood pouring from his mouth onto the floor, his eye turning black.

"You couldn't save us, Y/N! Why didn't you save us? I hate you!" IT begins to screech in a high-pitched tone. You felt your heart shatter once more as you dropped to the floor, blocking your ears.

"You're not real!" You attempt to yell over the top of IT's voice as you began to cry again. IT continues to shout at you, insults and threats coming from ITs mouth. He was crawling towards you, his cold and deadly hand grabbing at your leg as you kicked and screamed.

"Die, motherfucker!" You barely heard your saviour yell as they stabbed IT in the eye. The fake Richie screamed in pain before disappearing as the real Richie pulls you into his arms, hugging you as tight as possible as you continue to sob. He picks you up and brings you back to your room, trying to calm you down as you panic. He places you on your bed and sits beside you, hugging you while rubbing your back. You soon calm down, your breathing back to normal.

"R-Richie?" You hiccup. "What are you doing here?" The young boy rubs the back of his neck before pushing his coke bottle glasses back onto the bridge of his nose.

"I came to apologise, but when I came in the door was open and I knew something was wrong because you ALWAYS lock the door behind you so I came in and I saw you crying on the floor in front of IT, so I grabbed a knife and did what I could. I'm so sorry." He babbles. You stare at the boy in disbelief, tears no longer leaving your eyes.

"Richie, you saved me from IT. Why? I thought you hated me." You spoke, playing with your fingers as you looked down at the floor.

"I don't hate you." This makes you look up. "I could never hate you and I'm sorry I said all of those horrible things, you really didn't deserve that." He gazed into your E/C eyes. "But I was scared." He continued.

"Scared of what?" You ask concerned. He sighs, beginning to explain.

"When I went into that godforsaken house, when we all split up and I went into that room by myself. I saw you." He spoke nervously. "I thought my worst fear was clowns, but I realised my worst fear is losing you." You looked at him in aw as he blushes. "And I know that sounds sappy and it doesn't make up for what I said, but I was scared you were going to go in there and I'd never see you again or get the chance t-to..." Richie trails off as he stutters.

"To what, Rich?" You ask softly and patiently, using his nickname. He finds what little courage he has left and grabs your waist, pulling you into his lap before kissing you passionately. You close your eyes and kiss back, wrapping your legs around his waist trying to get as close as possible. You pull away, soon after, needing to breath. He gazes at you. "I'm so crazy about you, Y/N and I didn't want you to die without getting to tell you that I love you too." You smile understandingly, hugging the boy.

"You're not going to lose me, Rich. I love you." You repeat what you said earlier and pull him into another kiss, feeling safe and ecstatic.

Word count: 942 words