Chapter 3- Hidden Agendas

EMILY'S POV

Having a college degree feels like the very first and real accomplishment that I have ever done in my life. Not that my purpose in life is finished, or that I should celebrate and expect life to be easy from now on, but because it feels like this is an indication of me gearing up for the real world, of me being prepared for real life.

It feels surreal, knowing that I have surpassed the dread of studying, doing projects, catching deadlines, and listening to those long-ass lectures and now my graduation is waving next week.

I feel like I'm now a bolder and more prepared Emily Maxwell than before.

I have never been this happy and contented in my whole life.

Xander has been really supportive and patient with me, and I couldn't be any more thankful. I didn't expect him to be so passionate, dedicated, and just so...loving.

Aside from being insanely good-looking, Xander is also surprisingly smart, like really smart at the genius levels. He was able to help me a lot with our thesis, and in my studies in general.

I guess all those heartbreaks and confusion that he had caused me before were all worth it after all...

Honey, the show is just getting started. Don't be too overconfident, mmkay?

I'm not sure if my subconscious is trying to warn me or something, but I'm hell sure that her blush-on is really scandalously red today. She looks like she has been slapped by The Hulk from The Avengers.

Giving my inner self an appearance is crazy, I know.

Xander and I have been living together at the beach house every weekend. The place is just a few kilometers away from school, and during weekdays, I stay at home with my family while he stays on his pad.

A few minutes ago, he went to the hospital for an on-call appointment with Natalie Summers, one of his ex-flings who tried to sue him before. She wanted to see him urgently and, to be honest, I was bothered.

An hour ago...

"What do you think is her problem?" I asked Xander as I fiddled with my fingers.

There was silence for a few moments before he spoke again.

Cue dramatic drum roll.

"Maybe she's... pregnant with my child," he tells me with a straight face, and my heart almost thumped out of my then-innocent ribcage.

My mouth drops at his revelation. "Baby, are you serious?"

He shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly and just keeps staring at me.

I feel like a boiling mushroom soup has been splashed over my face. I want to cry at the thought of Natalie cradling an equally good-looking little Xander in her arms.

"God, woman, you're fucking adorable." he grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug while heartily laughing his ass out.

Oh, how I just love leaning against his hard, warm chest...

"Of course, I'm kidding! Damn," he pulls away for a second and grabs my face. "Your lips were trembling!"

"Don't kid around like that. It's not funny, Alexander Greene!" I tapped him on his chest and rolled my eyes at him. Before I could walk away from him, he suddenly hugs me from behind, ever so tight, and whispers into my ears,

"I don't want any other woman to spread my gorgeous genes but you. Keep that in mind, Kitten."

Just reminiscing what he had told me a while ago makes my liver shiver with happiness.