Chapter 48- Baby Cravings

EMILY'S POV

Later that night...

I have been anxious for no reason, and these irrelevant thoughts keep racing through my mind despite my best attempts to relax. My eyes and body are fighting for their right to have a good afternoon sleep, but they just simply fail. I end up laying in bed and browsing over Youtube for some ideas for the theme of my baby shower soon.

My excitement is sky-rocketing. My cravings to tightly hold my baby girl to my chest and pinch her cheeks get even more intense as my due date gets closer.

I can't blame you, Mommy Kitten. It's your child with the hottest gyno in town!

I am currently watching Aquaman on this free website called xmovies8.es and I am so enthralled with Princess Mera's beauty. She really looks so stunning with the red hair and she reminds me of a badass version of Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

God, her face is just...

And your face lately is just...

Shut up! I don't have any insecurities with my swollen, puffy face. Is it wrong to admire another woman's beauty?

You already bought a baby costume of that mermaid this morning and now, you kept thinking about her. Careful, my Dear. You might end up having a "fishy" baby.

I'm not sure what's worse for a baby: a cat or a fish?

I shake the nonsense thoughts away and take a deep breath as I continue to watch the movie. My pregnancy surely has a lot of ways to mess my head up, and I don't enjoy it.

I immediately slip my phone under the pillow, turn sideways and act like I am in the comforts of sleep when murmurs start echoing behind the door. Xander is probably back from his studio, as I can hear him talking to my mom.

The door opens and I continue to act like I am sleeping. My position seems to be too beautifully orchestrated to be true so I slightly part my lips and tilt my hips awkwardly.

I don't want to talk to him right now. I mean, I don't know what to say to him. I was ignoring him the whole time when he drove us home this morning. We were supposed to attend a scheduled birthing class but him talking to Natalie ruined my mood. The way he smiled at her as they talk...I was pretty sure that I have given him a lot of hints about this before but he can be a little insensitive sometimes.

You know that feeling of being irritated for one particular reason and at the same time being really drowsy that you just want to sleep everything out but when you finally hit the bed, you will just then start to overthink, causing you to have a massive headache?

When Xander left again for some work in his studio, I ended up pulling my phone out and killing a couple of useless hours on Youtube. I wasn't able to sleep like what I have intended tountil now.

I don't want to judge Natalie or anything, as she seems nice and sure she had an integral part in solving the sex trafficking case but the fact that she has slept once with my fiancé pisses me off, and that glow on his face as he talked to her this morning just made it worse.

Xander closes the door as quietly as he can, and then there's silence for a few seconds. I can feel him staring at me with those piercing green eyes of him that I would not get tired of admiring.

He's probably fucking you with his eyes, Hun.

Sure he is. This man is insatiable. No wonder why he had already fucked a lot of girls before I met him, and that includes that stunning model-actress.