Chapter 45- Moonlight Chase

XANDER'S POV

"You know what, why don't we just check her at the beach house first?" Jace suggests who is on his phone right now trying his best to find Emily's current location using her mobile number. I have been calling officer Wayne and Diaz but both are not answering their phones and I just have to stop myself from throwing mine outside out the window. Fucking useless gadgets!

I am totally enraged right now. I can't believe I have let this happen again. I swear I have been doing my best to keep Emily safe and healthy but I fucking hate myself for having been complacent since the trial ended.

"What is she going to do there? Knowing her, she would have informed me first." I grit my teeth as I focus on the road.

"Just take a U-turn and let's check her there before heading to the police. We have to make sure that this is not a false alarm." Jace is obviously trying to calm me down.

"Fuck this!" I strike the steering wheel hard with my palm in frustration. "That fucking de Luca is already in prison right now. How the fuck did he manage to do this? The bodyguards have made it sure that the Maxwells' residence was fully secured before they left."

Images of masked abductors carefully creeping through Emily's window and shoving a tranquilizer-filled syringe on her arm is playing on my mind right now and I can't stop myself from shaking in extreme anxiousness.

"These kinds of people have their own little evil ways even if they're dead, my friend. He's a part of the mafia and you don't know how huge their tentacles are around the world."

Jace is not helping right now. He is just making me even more apprehensive than I already am. We finally arrived at the beach house after a few more turns and the sound of waves percussing against the rocks is amplifying the fear that I am feeling right now. I immediately dash out of my car and frantically search for my house keys from the secret place on the porch.

"Emily? Emily?!" I call her name out as I fumble the key into the lock. Jace trails behind me while his eyes are set out the waterfront, which I didn't bother to glance at. Everything is so dark out here, thanks to the moonlight for giving us light so we could somehow see something.

"Dude, I don't think she's here," I tell Jace with a cracked voice. I feel like my heart is about to burst with tension as I thought about everything happening all over again. I just have to blink my anxious tears away.

"Em! You here?!" Jace bellows toward the shore's direction. I immediately rush inside the house and grope around in the dark for the light switch. After flicking the lights open, I rush toward the bedroom and kitchen, and all corners of the house but I can't find her anywhere. There is literally no sign of her anywhere.

"Dude! She's not here!" I grasp both sides of my hair in frustration while running outside to the waterfront to meet Jace.

I almost stumble on the ground when the place suddenly lits up without any warning, and Emily's wide, goofy grin meets my eyes. She looks so pure and hot at the same time in her white textured beach dress and extra curly hair this time.