Chapter 42- Baby Madness

EMILY'S POV

"Okay, Ms. Maxwell. Let's wrap this up. The first day of your last period was on the 22nd of May and you last had sex on your graduation night, which was on the 3rd of June, correct?" Dr. Samantha Jacobs summarizes my history as she scribbles some notes on my file.

It has been half an hour since I had the blood and urine test and the results just came in. Both doctors explained that my urine test showed that I am negative from protein, glucose, and ketones, and the rest are normal as well. For my blood test, my vitamin D levels are normal and I am also negative for any sexually transmitted infections and diseases. My hCG levels, a hormone that is produced by cells in the placenta during pregnancy is positive which confirms my pregnancy. My teeth and hands won't stop from shaking and my eyes have been glistening since the confirmation. Xander looks so delighted as well.

I admit I am not yet ready with being pregnant. I have always imagined being married to the love of my life first and have a stable job and enough savings before having a baby. And besides, I am still young. But when I learned that I wasn't actually raped and this could be Xander's baby has made me more than ready. I haven't even slept last night because of thinking about our baby's name.

Hunny, are you really sure that it is Xander's? Is it a hundred percent sure that Logan was telling the truth? Don't get your hopes up.

My insides flutter at the anxiousness once again. My subconsciousness really has this habit of teasing me.

"Precisely. So that makes her four weeks pregnant," Xander reaffirms the female doctor's statement. We are both sitting at the desk across her and he is currently filling up some sheets for me. He pretty much knows every detail of me, from my first day of my last period to the nature of my period and my whole menstrual cycle.

I can also see my medical reports and other files from the hospital from L.A. spread out in front of her. They probably had some serious discussion about my case before the nurse finally brought me in. I am primarily under the service of Dr. Jacobs but Xander will be working with her as well.

At first glance, Dr. Samantha Jacobs' could be mistaken as Oprah. If you have poor eyesight, you will definitely think that she's the celebrity herself. The only difference is that she has straight, long hair and an overall younger look. I also find her nice. She was very concerned with how I have been coping with the trauma that I have experienced in the prostitution ring.

"Four weeks?" I butt in, bewildered as I am not really that familiar with all these pregnancy stuff. "But it has only been two weeks since we last had..." I voice my concern out and the two doctors glance at me.

"Emily, the due date is calculated from the first day of your last period. You're already into the pregnancy for about two weeks by the time you conceived," Xander clarifies out for me. God, I'm still baffled with the information.

Uhm, I think I need some tissues...

I can picture out my subconscious having a nosebleed, and myself as well, not for long.

"I'm sorry but...I really didn't totally get that. How come I started getting pregnant before having sex?" I blurt out, kind of ashamed of my lack of knowledge. "Sorry for being kind of dumb."

Why didn't Xander discuss this with me before?

"It's normal to be unaware of the technical matters, most especially if this is your first time getting pregnant," Dr. Jacobs tells me with a reassuring smile.

"Actually, pregnancy officially starts when a fertilized egg implants in the uterus. That's about a week after having sex when you're ovulating," Xander formally explains and he really is like a different person whenever he blabbers about clinical stuff.