Chapter 28- Aftermath

Note: Dear all: This is a three-chapter update. I initially planned it to be only two chapters, but the end of the second chapter is so unsatisfying that's why I decided to make another one. I have already finished the first two chapters a week ago, and the third one was paused because of some traumatic incident that I have encountered last Friday about heatstroke and sexual harassment (almost got raped). I lost my mood to write for the last five days. Everything's fine now, the man was already caught by the police and would be in jail soon.

I just wanted to share this to you because I promised a lot of readers of a sooner update last time. Sorry for the long wait! And don't worry guys, I am totally fine now! I promise.

Here you go!

♥️💚

XANDER'S POV

It's already five in the morning but I haven't slept yet. A huge wave of reporters and media people were all over Women's Royal Hospital's basement parking lot after that major incident. Jace and I were briefly interviewed and it was broadcasted on the live news with them automatically hailing us as heroes.

The kidnapped girls who were evidently drugged were brought to another hospital right away for some tests and detoxification as well as possible rehabilitation.

It turned out that the man who was wearing a black ski-mask was the one who abducted Amber from the club. It was also found out that he actually had an accomplice at that time. The other guy tried to knock Amber out using a white towel fully soaked in chloroform inside the car. Beforehand, we warned her not to inhale the substance because it is the most common move of kidnappers not only in movies but also in real life. She faked her fainting right away even though the effects of chloroform is not instant unlike those which are portrayed in the media.

Unfortunately, the accomplice continued to force the towel into her face until they reached the basement. A few more minutes during the ride, Amber fell unconscious for real. That explained why she was not responding to us through the mini microphone when we thought she was just being discreet.

Dr. Frank Morrison will be arrested as soon as he is discharged from the hospital. According to further police investigations this early morning, the underground basement was initially made for pathology and morgue units of the hospital, but it didn't come through because of some conflicts with the health management and finance department so it became a spare space that was supposedly closed and will be used in the future, while the units were assigned to another floor. Dr. Frank Morrison, being the hospital administrator who is also responsible for the overall hospital operations, undisclosed a top-secret operation to the management and the CEO himself, hiring some trusted hospital staffs including a couple of those who are in-charged with the surveillance system to just further keep his trafficking business unrevealed to everyone.

Morrison will be subjected to interrogation after his arrest, as he had hinted that there is a "big boss" behind all of this possible international sex trafficking ring. Whoever that motherfucker is, I will make sure that he or she will fucking rot in hell.

Jace is in the emergency department of another hospital with Amber and their parents right now, while I went home directly after some bouts of interviews. I felt instantly nauseous after all the revelations and another disappointment − my Emily has been sold already and I need to find the seller and take her back. My father has been blowing my phone up since yesterday, and I finally had the chance to talk to him and assured him that I'm okay while I was on my way home.

My flight with Jace to Los Angeles is in four hours and I have already prepared my luggage. I also checked my email and saw some initial reports from that private investigator regarding Natalie Summers and Kimberly Patterson.