Chapter 47- Daddy's Princess

EMILY'S POV

Xander abruptly leaves the shopping cart in the middle of the aisle as he rushes to a section that has caught his interest. I immediately caught the cart and push it to his direction despite my throbbing feet. We are currently shopping in advance for our baby girl's stuff because someone can't contain his excitement.

"Baby! We have to buy this one!" he hums out and turns to me with a cute The Little Mermaid cotton dress designed for a freaking newborn. It has a green mermaid tail that was most probably designed to warm up the baby's tiny little feet, a long-sleeved upper dress with the color of the skin, and that adorable shell-shaped mini-brassiere for the little boobies.

"It will definitely look good on our little princess!"

My heart just melted when Xander pouted at me. A wide smile forces my lips to spread out at his current demeanor. He seemed to have transformed into his little-boy persona ever since we entered this baby section a while ago. Looking at his face right now, I remember his old, younger pictures from his photo album when he was just this scrawny, geeky grade-school boy with huge glasses looking so shy and excited at the same time.

God, my soon-to-be husband looks so adorable. His boyish grin is a perfect curve in contrast to that naughty one as he fucked me yesterday.

My center trembles at the recollection. My smile spreads even wider when he suddenly kneels down and stretches out the fancy dress against my six-month belly. I'm wearing his blue jeans to accommodate my tummy because this little human being inside of me has shrunk my jeans in some ways. My feet have gotten a little bigger too that we had to buy bigger shoes and slippers for my comfort. Xander explained that the hormone relaxin is partially responsible for this, as the loosening joints and ligaments cause the bones to spread a little, leading to an increase in foot size. Dr. Jacobs also told me that the edema could also be the reason for this. Actually, when I woke up this morning, my face looks a little more swollen than before, and I just have to wear a beanie to at least make myself feel good.

I am used to my slim body and face. All these body changes caused by my pregnancy are making me physically uncomfortable and is somehow altering my self-esteem, but every time I remind myself that there is a growing life inside of me, I just can't help but be overwhelmed, be optimistic and excited for my future family with Xander.

I place a hand on my belly and think of this precious little angel who loves kicking at my freaking liver. She's the product of my love for Xander, a blessing from above, and I just can't wait for her to come out already.

"I hope she would look as beautiful as her mother," Xander looks up at me and gives me that toothy grin of him. He really doesn't fail to make me feel beautiful every day despite me feeling like a fat, rotten potato lately.

I wince in pain when the baby again moved and kicked near my freaking appendix.

"Are you okay?" he asks, utterly concerned when I clutch onto my lower belly.

"I'm fine. She's really active lately, you know,"

"I guess that's her little way of agreeing with me," he stands up and starts stroking my lower back. "You're looking very tired. Do you want to wait for me in the car? I'll just grab a bottled water for you and we'll go straight to the birthing class, okay?"

"It's okay. I'll just sit over there." I point to a couple of benches in the middle of the department store.

"I'll be right back," he leans down to give me a soft kiss on the forehead as I finally get to sit on one of the waiting benches. I clutch my arms tightly around my bag as I watch him disappear around the stalls. My heavy lids prompt me to close my eyes and I inhale softly to steady my nerves. I can literally feel the pulsations against my corneas, and I feel hot as well.