Chapter 4- Exposed

XANDER'S POV

I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed that little piece of electronic shit before. Why the fuck would someone plant it on my ultrasound machine of all places?

I hope that whoever the fuck that was did it recently or else...

I want to smash something right now, but I have to get a grip. While repeatedly tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, I'm thinking about the possible person who could do such a thing and what his or her motive is.

It's early in the cloudy morning and I'm driving my way to the hospital in a slightly disheveled appearance to have a talk with my boss.

I tried to contact Natalie for the nth time but she's not answering my calls.

Dude...What if it was her and she installed it during her visit?

That's favorable to me because I didn't do anything recently.

Why would she do that anyway? It doesn't make any sense. Goddamn it. This is a fucking nightmare.

I left Emily a note along with her milk and pancakes this morning, informing her that I have to attend an emergency hysterectomy for one of my patients who has a large myoma. Her name is Mrs. Powell, a mother of three, and she's scheduled to come at the end of the month. I advised her to go for the surgery as soon as she can because her symptoms are greatly affecting her quality of life.

Seeing women suffering from these gynecological diseases hits me differently. It reminds me of mom, and I get depressed whenever I think about it. If she's still alive, I'm pretty sure she'll love Emily too...

I whisk these painful memories away and focus on the road instead. I don't have any other choice but to move on anyway. We don't have the power to bring back the past and change everything according to our desires, but we sure have the chance to have a favorable future.

A rousing smile emerges from my lips when I realize that I'm being sentimental again. Emily, being a Psychology major, has been helping me and influencing my sick and fucked-up mind a lot.

Yeah right. Enough with the drama and sentimental thoughts, Dude. Let's stick with your current problem.

If this news reaches her, I'm dead. She'd definitely take it the wrong way and overthink it all night. I have to find a way to fix this as soon as possible.

I immediately headed to Dr. Morrison's office as soon as I reached the hospital. Before knocking on his fancy mahogany door, I momentarily closed my eyes to compose myself and fix the bedraggled sleeve of my polo shirt.

"Come in!" he calls from the inside.

I finally open the door and the first thing my eyes landed on is the huge painting of a weird-looking black flower on a white background resting on the wall behind him. It looks like a wilted black rose or something.

"Dr. Alexander Greene... Please, have a seat." He rests his chin on his intertwined fingers and gazes at me with a blank expression on his face.

Dr. Frank Morrison is the former chief of surgery of this hospital and has been the administrator for several years now. He has gay rumors that have been circulating around for a long time now and he's also known to be really uptight, so I have to wish myself luck.

"I have called you today because you are subjected to disciplinary action."

Pretty direct. He could have at least thrown some pleasant introductions.

I leaned back on my chair with a sigh. "And this is about...?"

"Alexander... you see, someone sent me an email yesterday, with a video attachment..."