Chapter 15- Passion

EMILY'S POV

"Amber, you're drunk!" I exclaim, getting all confused and annoyed now. It's my first time seeing this drunk version of her, and I am speechless. Without a word, she again grabs my head and reaches for my lips like she can't get enough of it.

It only took a split second before I felt someone pulling me away from her in a swift movement. I look up to see Xander, who is glaring down at my female best friend who just made a sexual move on me.

A heavy sensation of spinning suddenly overtakes my head as the strong and dazzling strobe lights glare down at me. It is much stronger this time. I hold onto his chest, which vibrates as his vocal cords spat out.

"Get your hands off my girl." He growls at her, who is looking like she is going to pass out any second from now. With droopy eyes, I glance over her and try to digest what exactly had just happened. She is just looking at the both of us, stance unsteady and face twisted into regret.

Too many happenings in one day, huh?

Yes, and I will definitely remember this day forever.

The lingering feeling of Amber's lips on mine takes over my consciousness, and the moment I realize that I actually kissed her back, goosebumps appear all over my skin.

Shit, did Xander see that?

"Baby..."I blindly lift my chin up to look at his eyes. I want to tell him that it was nothing and that I actually felt disgusted but my little mouth didn't cooperate.

My lips are just parted in an awkward way like vomit is ready to spurt out any minute from now. He is looking back at me and is mumbling something that I cannot comprehend. The voices and sound around me are all wrapped up by the blasting music and everyone's faces are swirling into a blur.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Amber?!" I hear another man's voice beside me. It must be Jace's.

"Baby...I'm sorry," I speak indistinctly with a sob. His arm around me gets even tighter as he mumbles something again, and the next second, I am crying. My emotions suddenly burst in a blink of an eye. I just feel like apologizing about the kiss, and so much more I can't really point out. Amber really surprised me.

As I lift my head up to see Xander's face again, my stomach suddenly flips over, and my body jerks at the nauseating sensation. I fist his blazer for support as the gravity becomes even stronger as it seems. I have to hold on to him tight to prevent myself from falling.

A commotion starts, apparently. I try my best to open my eyes but they are just too heavy. I just want to throw my body on my bed right now.

Through my tired eyes, I suddenly catch a glimpse of the same pair of predatory blue eyes that are directed at me among the crowd, and just like a magnet, my eyes are instantly drawn into them with curiosity and fear.

It's him again...

"Xander..." He's...He's...That man...I-I'm sorry." I manage to speak before everything blackened out.

XANDER'S POV

"She likes girls, Dude. Why can't you just accept that and leave her alone?" I try to knock some sense out of my friend for the nth time, who is desperately in love with his very own stepsister.

Fortunately, he was able to get a hold of her diary and read some parts of it, out of his intense curiosity of her. He found out that Amber was a closeted lesbian, and had a little crush on my Emily since they first met.

Whoa! I didn't see that coming, Man!

My subconscious sways his body away in sarcasm.

It intrigued and challenged Jace, and eventually found himself pursuing her, making her all confused and shit. In the process, of course, he fell in love with her. Well, Amber is pretty hot herself I must admit, so I am not surprised.