Chapter 39- Serendipity

XANDER'S POV

The sound of thunder rumbles behind the grayish clouds as I step out of my car, signaling an impending rain. It perfectly matches my feelings right now. Clutching my bandaged fist, I look around the local prison building and take a deep, calming breath. The broken bones and bruised knuckles are still biting on my skin, but this pain is only skin-deep and is totally nothing compared to what I have felt that night when I learned the raging truth.

My world literally fell and crashed into pieces when Emily finally spilled her greatest fear. The fear that has been eating her alive from the inside without me having the slightest bit of idea about it. It's the worst feeling ever and all I could do was just hug her really tight, kiss her and make her feel that it's gonna be alright and she'll be fine while suppressing the urge to punch the concrete wall behind her.

But I did, anyway.

I wasn't able to stop myself from doing it. She was even more devastated by my reaction. It literally scared her and I didn't know what to do. I was just having that hot burning anger that sought to harm someone in order to put off the fire. The pain and frustration that were screaming all over her face were too much for me to take, and the fact that she is possibly carrying that motherfucker's child makes me want to kill myself and forget everything. What's even worse is that she is actually pregnant while being on drugs.

I was literally in heaven when the pregnancy kit showed positive. I am more than ready to become a father. That faint, little heartbeat that I felt when I lovingly held her still flat stomach...

I swear it connected to mine.

That child is mine. It should be mine, and we're going to be a happy family soon.

The kind of family that I have been dreaming of having with Emily since I asked her to be my girl.

I have to be strong for my kitten...I have to be strong for us.

Emily kissing my bloody fist with tears streaming down her beautiful face has been haunting me during my flight back here in L.A. I booked the nearest flight that morning and no one knew about this, not even Jace, or Rebecca.

It has been two days since that night and she has been locking herself up inside her room. She was begging me not to tell her family yet, most especially Rebecca, and I agreed, at least in the meantime.

I told Jace about it the next morning and he advised me to report it to Greg Wayne immediately. The detective told me that they need Emily in the police station once again to report it and give her full statement about it. It's a protocol so they could start investigating and adding another case for de Luca's son, but she won't even talk to me anymore, and it is slowly killing me.

Everyone is madly worried about her. I postponed my surgery and that interview for that tv show because of this.

I can't function like this. I really can't fucking accept it. I really can't. I have to see Logan to confront him so I could stop these waves of hatred and anger rushing through me every damn second.

I have to fucking see him.

I swallow hard as the metal doors open right in front of me. The prison staff at the reception desk asks me to confirm my identity, and after showing him my medical license card, he instantly recognizes my name and accepts my reason for visit immediately. He even tried to talk to me about my heroic act, but I don't have the mood to entertain him. I am dying to see Logan right now and punch him in his fucking face.

After signing in, I am assisted throughout the prison security screening process which really tested my patience because it literally took about half an hour to finish all those kinds of scans and checkings. After surrendering my belongings in the locker, I am then directed to the prison's visiting area.