Chapter 36- Sunset Fantasies

EMILY'S POV

With my eyes still shut, my brain wakes up to the feeling of these soft sheets surrounding me with its familiar, fragrant smell from my mom's fabric softener caressing my nose. I can feel the outside light trickling in through the curtain from the partially opened window and warms the left side of my face. It prompts my eyes to open and the first thing I see is the discolored, concrete ceiling of my bedroom that seems to be moving in circles.

I close my eyes again to avoid being dizzy all over again. God, why am I so weak? I always get sick and I can't help but feel so useless.

My body feels so heavy I feel like I am glued to the bed. But I have to get up. Something's urging me that I have to. Cutting myself off from the remaining glimpses of a weird dream that I have already forgotten at this second, a splashing sound from outside the window had me finally move.

I turn to the window and marvel at the sunset from between the curtains. Dusk came sooner than I have expected. Wait, what is the exact time right now?

I look over my kitty-shaped battery-operated clock on the bedside table and realize that it's already half an hour past five in the afternoon.

I get up from the bed and slowly walk toward the window. I part the curtains aside to take a peek through it and blink at the unexpected sight.

My man Alexander is standing outside. He is holding a garden hose while washing his car...naked?

What the hell is he doing? Am I still dreaming?

I squint my eyes to confirm what I am seeing, only to realize that he actually has his jeans on.

But they're wet.

And why is he washing his car at this hour?

Oh, wait.

I now remembered what happened earlier. I threw up all over his dashboard on our way home. I was feeling so sick and I only ate a portion of the food that my mom prepared for me when we got home. The last thing that I remembered was Xander stroking my hair as he was trying to talk to me. I remember being really sleepy at that time. My eyes were heavy and the throbbing headache was killing me.

I was just probably tired from all our errands this morning. I am worrying about Xander's shoulder a lot, and I have been feeling really queasy when we were inside the police station. You know that feeling of wanting something you don't know? It's like craving for the unknown, and it's not even food or milk in this matter, and I can't freaking explain the feeling. I'm like having these prodromal symptoms all the time. The aftermath of those traumatic events is just a lot to take in, and the fact that the mastermind of all of those kidnappings is on the loose is stirring my paranoia.

What if he'll get back at Xander? Or take his time to rebuild his group and abduct innocent girls all over again...including me?

My thoughts slip out when Xander moves around the car to face my direction. The yellow-orange ball of fire merging with the now darkening sky is behind him, its golden rays casting heart-warming rays around the place.

My grip on the curtain tightens as I drink his fascinating sight in. His black hair is tousled and wet with water, and it glistens in the sweet beams of the sunset.

My breathing deepens and my pulse quickens when my eyes move down to his lean, naked upper physique. His body is actually picture-perfect as well as his skin despite those little marks of his old tattoos. It's not overly muscular like from those men who are practically living in the gym instead of spending time with their girls. It has just the right amounts of muscles; so soft and smooth, yet rock-hard as well.