Mirrors- Tony Stark x reader.

A/N : Tony's thoughts are in italics bold.

A failure.

That's what Tony saw when he looked in the mirror.

He began shaking and his breath hitched in his throat as he forced himself to look in his own life drained, tired eyes.

It's all your fault! Do you even realize what you did?

You killed them!

Who's going to avenge my son, Stark?

He's dead... And I blame you...

Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away and what are you?

You are nothing without your suit!

You're useless...

Why didn't you do more?

You.. could have saved... us...

Words mixed with memories flooded Tony's head as his whole body trembled.

He squeezed his eyes shut as the voices continued to scream at him.

His left hand curled into a fist and he smashed it in the mirror that was in front of him as he let an painful growl shake his being.

He couldn't look at himself.

Who could?

He hung his head low and walked away from the broken mirror.

-------------

''Hey... guys, did any of you see Tony?'' Y/N asked as she entered the living room.

''Didn't see him since we came back from the last mission. That was two weeks ago'' Steve shrugged.

''He looked kinda shaken'' Bruce said a little worried.

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she decided to go check on him.

She took a deep breath and descended the stairs that led to the lab.

The lights were off everywhere, and the silence was deafening.

------------

Tony finished another whiskey bottle and threw it across the room, feeling satisfied of the sound of breaking glass.

The bottle shattered, broken glass pieces falling on the floor.

He gripped yet another bottle as dreadful images filled his mind once again.

A fucking monster.

And a failure.

And-

His thoughts were interrupted by a small surprised yelp.

He turned around just in time to see Y/N duck from the bottle that he just threw at the wall.

''What are you doing here?'' he asked bitterly.

''I just wanted to see how you are'' she said as she approached him, careful not to step on the glass.

''And what? Tell me what a fucking monster I am? That I'm a fucking failure?'' he asked as he took another swig from his bottle.

''No. I was just worried. Tony... no one saw you in two weeks... we're all worried'' she said, taking the bottle from his hands and placing it out of his reach.

''We? Don't bullshit me! They don't give a fuck...'' Tony ran a hand over his face.

Just then, Y/N saw the blood leaking on his hand, small mirror pieces still stuck in the wounds.