Smile- Tony x reader.

It was right after the battle for New York. 

Tony had just returned from the battle, and the Avengers just moved in the newly rebuilt Avengers Tower.

He was devastated. Pepper left him, his nightmares were becoming worse, and he was working all the time, not sleeping, not eating, just working.

He was walking around the tower like a zombie, absent mentally and hardly.

You were concerned for your friend, the man that seemed to have the steeled mind in the team was now falling apart.

Everyone was in the meeting room for an important gathering. 

After it ended, you, Tony, Steve and Bruce remained in your seats, discussing the damage and future plans for securing the city and system alarms in case something happens.

''So, in total, we have 67 buildings to repair and restore. 55 of them are apartments block, each one has 8 floors, each floor has 15 apartments'' Tony said, thoughtfully, as he tapped his pen to the table, after writing all the data on a notebook.

''Every apartment was occupied, in each one of them were families of 4 members, that means we have to provide temporary housing for...'' you stopped to sum it all up.

''26.400 people'' Tony finished your sentence.

''And we have to rebuild 3 restaurants, a gym, 2 hospitals, 2 police stations, and 4 coffee shops'' Bruce pointed out.

''Plus I have to pay moral and material loss to the families of the people who died in the streets'' Tony sighed.

''S.H.I.E.L.D will pay for that. You don't have to do that'' Steve said.

''I'm going to tell Fury to pay the temporary housing for the people, and I will pay for rebuilding the blocks and the moral and material loss of the people. At least I can do... after all, it's my fault'' Tony sighed.

You placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

''No, it's not. It's Loki's fault. We did everything we could, and you shouldn't blame yourself for that'' Steve said

''Steve's right. Don't blame yourself. We're all in this. Together'' you said, patting his shoulder.

He faked a smile, and cleared his throat.

''So, in total, I have to pay... 5 million dollars'' Tony finished, writing the data on the notebook.

''Asgard already assured us that they'll support us with necessary money to help clean the damage, so the amount of money reduces to half. 2.5 million'' you said and scratched the numbers, replacing them with the right ones.

''I'm going to grab a coffee'' Steve said and sat up.

''Wait, I'm coming with you'' Bruce said and left you and Tony alone.

''How are you holding up?'' you asked him, after Bruce and Steve left.

You knew he'd tell you, after Pepper left him, you became the only person he would confide into.

Late at night, or when you were alone in the same room, you and Tony would talk and advice each other about what was troubling each of you.

You, except JARVIS were the only one to know that Tony sometimes played the piano, when he felt alone and sad. It was a way to calm down.

You caught him a few times, the first time he would deny everything, but while it kept happening, he felt better with you knowing about it.

You would sit down and listen until he was finished. He liked to play Beethoven and sometimes, he played what he composed.

''Considering everything what happened, pretty well so far'' he nodded.

''Still having nightmares?''

''They keep getting worse every time'' he sighed, rubbing his forehead.

''They'll go away with the time. I'm sure. You just have to keep your mind off it''

''That's why I'm working everyday. But, still, it's not working''

''I mean you should go out once in a while. Go and have fun. Get your mind off everything. Look, I have the day off tomorrow, what if we go somewhere to relax?'' you suggested.

''Sounds good, still, I don't know...'' he shrugged.

''Come on, just like we did in college. I'll call Rhodie to join us'' you smiled.

''Alright, if you insist'' he smiled, for the first time, it was a sincere smile.

''See? That's the smile I wanted to see'' you smiled too, and nudged him lightly.

''Agent Y/L/N, director Fury called you in his office to present the result of the damage'' JARVIS said.

''Gotta go. See you later'' you said and begun walking away.

''Oh, and Tony?'' you said turning to look at him.

''Yeah?'' he asked, lifting his head to look at you.

''Smile'' you said and quickly snapped a picture of him smiling on your phone, then headed to Fury's office.

He chuckled lightly and shook his head.

He had a good friend in you.

<------------------------------------------------->

A/N: Am I the only person who wants to see Tony smiling more often? :(

Word count: 850

///edited

Wattpad keeps messing with my word count.