Life saver(3)-Sherlock x reader.

''Y/N, wait!'' Watson called after her as she stomped in her garden.

''What?!'' she stopped so abruptly that John almost fell.

''Can you just calm down? I know you love this cabin, and I can guarantee that if anything happens to it, Holmes will pay for it'' John smiled

Y/N's rage faded away and her face brightened up. Her brother always knew how to make her smile.

''See? That's the smile I hoped to see'' he said.

Y/N wrapped her arms around her brother, hugging him tightly.

''I missed you, John'' she said as John hugged her back.

''I've missed you too Y/N''

---------------------------------------

The two of them walked back in the living room, where Sherlock was staring out on the window that had a great view over the lake.

''Great view you have from here'' he declared and turned around when Y/N and John stepped inside.

''I've talked to Y/N, and she agrees with us staying here for as long as it takes, but you have to promise that you will try to keep a low profile, and follow the house rules'' John stated, and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

''Of course. I will behave'' Sherlock agreed

''Alright. You will have to keep the noise at minimum, you won't enter my office, nor to touch the equipment, and don't do anything stupid'' Y/N said as she sat down.

''Alright. Seems simple'' Sherlock agreed.

I have to inspect that office and equipment later, Sherlock thought as he smiled.

''We do have to teach her how to use a gun'' Sherlock said thoughtfully as he placed a hand on his chin.

''What? No... I don't want to learn how to use a gun. I don't even want to touch a gun'' she said shaking her head.

''Holmes has a point... You have to learn to defend yourself'' Watson tried.

''No. I refuse. Not gonna happen'' she continued

''You won't use the gun constantly, Y/N. Just when the situation calls for it'' Sherlock reasoned, standing up.

Y/N considered it for a few seconds.

She wanted to learn how to protect herself, her brother can't just be there forever to protect her.

So, taking the risk, she agreed.

''Alright. But if I accidentally shoot a neighbor, it's your fault'' Y/N said pointing at Sherlock and John.

''It will be my fault if something happens'' Sherlock said

''Fine by me. Let's go outside for the first lesson'' John said and strolled outside.

Y/N and Sherlock silently followed him in the backyard, where John placed some empty tin cans on a table for Y/N to practice.

''Alright. This is a revolver. It has a silencer, so the neighbors won't get scared. Be sure your hand is not shaking before you shoot, or you'll miss the target''Sherlock explained, showing her the gun.

''Look at the 4th can in the row. I aim'' Sherlock explained as he pointed the gun to his target.

''And pull the trigger'' he finished and pulled the trigger, the bullet flying out the gun, hitting the can and dropping it off the table.

''Alright, your turn'' he said handing Y/N the weapon.

''Okay, I got this'' she said as she took a deep breath and pointed the gun towards one of the cans.

''I aim... and pull the trigger'' she said and did so, but the bullet didn't exactly hit the can.

It hit an unfortunate bird that fell at her feet.

''Gaaahhh!'' Y/N shouted and ran inside the house.

''Another time, then?'' Sherlock yelled after her.

In response, the door slammed shut behind her.

''I guess that's a no'' John pointed out.

''I'll take it as a yes'' Sherlock said and went after Y/N.

Watson watched him walk to the house, then his eyes landed on the poor dead animal.

''Poor bird'' he said, shaking his head sadly.

<-------------------------------------------------------->

A/N: Kinda short, but I don't have much time right now. Heading to LA for the next few days! Woop woop! I'll try to write something when I'll find a cafe that has wifi. Peace out folks!

Word count: 765