You were his family- Tony x !daughter reader

You are Tony Stark's only child, Y/N Stark.

You were studying at MIT, following your father's footsteps.

You wanted to be as brilliant and smart as your father, Tony. And you were.

Christmas break was coming soon, and you were excited to see your dad and the Avenger again.

Natasha was like your aunt, Clint, Bruce, Rhodie and Thor were like your uncles. 

Peter, the spider boy, was like a brother to you. You were proud that Tony was helping him.

You didn't like Steve that much. He always said that your dad wasn't a true hero, and that he was fighting only for himself.

That made you nervous as hell. Your father was a true hero. He fought for justice, for what was right, for a purpose greater that oneself. Life itself.

You often had to watch Steve judge him, and your father was just biting back words.

You knew your dad suffered. A lot. The incidents in Afghanistan left deep scars, not just on his body, but in his mind too. Then, your Malibu house blew up, he lost all his suits, Pepper left him, the Ultron events, the Socovia Accords, then it came the battle against Thanos.

Your father was a strong person. So much happened to him, and yet he survived.

He was 'one lucky bastard' as Nick Fury called him.

He inspired you to make better, to push yourself over your limits and hope for the best.

You admired him, and you felt lucky to be the daughter of such a great man.

Your life with him has been very happy, until your mother died into a car accident.

Then your dad fell into a deep, dark depression.

He was working 24/24, without a break, without eating or sleeping. He was practically a zombie.

He was nervous, he was damaged, he was on the edge.

---

It was 16th December when you arrived in NY, the day when your grandparents died.

You bounced impatiently in the elevator as you were headed for your dad's lab.

You knew he was there, since he was there all the time, and he wanted to be alone that day.

The elevator's doors opened, to reveal a pitch black darkness, and a deafening silence.

You carefully stepped into the lab, and forced your eyes to adjust to the darkness.

You felt something was wrong... very wrong.

The light was always on in the lab, and AC/DC or Black Sabbath music was always playing loudly.

But that day everything was lifeless and dark.

''Dad? It's me... Are you here? Dad?'' you asked, but no reply came.

You reached out to the switcher and turned on the light in the lab.

When the lights were on, you saw the mess that was in the lab.

Empty alcohol bottles were scattered on the floor, on the couch and on the work tables, tools were everywhere on the floor, and clothes and boxes of pizza were everywhere.

You looked around, trying to find your dad, but it seemed that he wasn't there.

In the corner of your eye, you saw something shining on the floor, near a tall work bench.

You turned around, and saw it was a picture with you, your dad and your mom.

What was it doing on the floor? Your dad was always keeping it on his desk... Weird.

You approached the work bench and knelt, picking up the picture.

You turned your head, and what was in front of you was enough to terrify you.

Your father, was laying on the floor on his stomach, an empty alcohol bottle near him.

You first thought he fell asleep, but when you moved him, you saw his pale face, wearing a blank expression, his eyes were opened.

You left a heartbreaking howl of cry shook your being as you cradled his head to your chest and started crying loudly.

The elevator's door opened, revealing the other 5 Avengers and Rhodie, all looking panicked.

''Y/N? What happened? We heard you screaming and--- Oh God!'' Natasha beganto say, but trailed off as soon as she saw the dreadful scene.

''Oh, no... No, no, no, no, no'' Rhodie cried and knelt next to you, taking Tony's hand in his.

''H-how did that happen?'' Steve asked, looking genuinely sad.

You sat up and looked at them, red faced and rage roaring inside you.

''How did that happen? How did that happen?! You tell me, Steve! You are his friends! You should have checked on him!'' you yelled.

''Y/N, we didn't know that-'' Clint began, but you cut him off.

''You didn't know that what?! Of course, you didn't know anything! You left him alone, you left him die in here! When was the last time you saw him, huh? When?! Tell me!'' you yelled, loud enough to make the lab echo.

''Three months ago'' Steve answered.

''Three months ago. Exactly when you came back from the battle against Thanos. Had any of you thought to check up on him since that day? Have you?! He saved you that day. He risked his own life for you, he almost died that day, and that's how you thank him? By leaving him to die here alone? You were his family. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You became trash. From mighty heroes, to trash. How come that none of you observed that the person who led you into battle, who supported you both financially and emotionally was hurting? He was struggling to find reasons to live! My father did so many things for you, and you let him die!'' you yelled, anger bubbling in your chest.

''Y/N, look, we are sorry but there's nothing left to do now'' Steve said

''Exactly. There's nothing left to do. You should have done something earlier. I want all of you out of the Tower by tomorrow morning. Except Rhodie. He was with dad no matter what'' you said, looking at Rhodie, who was still crying, ''But I want the rest of you out. Don't bother to come at the funeral, you never cared, anyway. Leave.'' you finished, bitterly.

They were reluctant if to go or not, and some of them shifted their weight from a leg to other.

''Didn't you hear me? Leave!'' you yelled.

All the Avengers hung their heads low and left you and Rhodie alone with your father's lifeless body.

---

The next day, in New York City AIDS Memorial, was your father's funeral. Snow started falling from the sky, covering the ground.

There were thousands of people that came to the funeral, but after a short while they left, and you, Peter, Rhodie, Pepper, Happy, Nick Fury and agent Coulson were the only persons left.

After a while, the others left too, leaving you alone with your dad.

On Tony's tombstone were written the saddest words: He tried.

That was the end of the story of world's greatest superhero, of the genius, of the ex playboy, of the billionaire, of the philanthropist, but most important, the end of the man named Tony Stark.

<------------------------------------------------------->

Word count: 1400

///edited x 3