Not interested- Sherlock x reader

///REQUESTED///

(Sherlock is 30 in this one, and the reader is 6 years younger)

Ahh, love. A nice, warming feeling that gives you butterflies and makes your head spin and float with the thought of your lover. A great thing to be in love, isn't it?

Not. 

Well, at least not when your beloved one doesn't feel the same. In that case it's only heartbreak, depression and tears.

You were deeply, foolishly in love with Sherlock Holmes, the great consultant detective, yet there was something that kept you away from confessing.

REJECTION.

The fear of being laughed at, being mocked and heartbroken was eating you on the inside, and yet, you felt like you had to tell him.

You met when you were children, and ever since that day you've been inseparable, until the day when you had to move in Paris arrived.

FLASHBACK, 6 years ago.

It was a warm, summer day in London, the dusk was brushing the last sun rays over the dusty streets, while two figures were walking on the wooden docks of Thames.

"Do you really have to go?" Sherlock asked shyly, looking up at you.

"I'm afraid so. If my parents are moving, I have to go too. I'll be going to college there" you said, sighing.

"But you can go to college here, with me. And you can stay with me and Mycroft in our apartment" Sherlock tried to reason.

"Sherlock, you know how much I worked to get in Sorbonne. I cannot miss that chance" you said, looking at him.

He sighed and sat down on the dock, his feet were skimming the surface of the water.

"I know, I just... it was worth a shot, wasn't it?" he said, looking down at the water that was breaking over the rocks.

You sat down next to him, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on, I'll be visiting in summers. And Christmas" you smiled encouraging.

"There's no need to" he said sternly, looking at you.

"Why?" you asked confused, looking at him.

"Because I said so. There's no need for you to come and go for me. I'll be fine" he said, and the two of you sat up.

"Just enjoy your time in France" he smiled sadly and left, leaving you alone on the docks.

The next morning, you were in the train, heading for Paris, that night being the last one when you saw Sherlock.

END OF FLASHBACK.

After you finished your studies, you came back to London, since you decided that Paris wasn't for you. You met with Sherlock by chance, in a teahouse, on Mortimer street, and  he invited you to stay with him and his friend at 221 B since they had a free room.

That was a year ago, but starting then you fell in love with him. 

And, why, oh why was it so painful? Love was supposed to be an endearing feeling, not a knife jabbing your heart.

Watson, however, figured out that you have feelings for Holmes, and he tried to explain to you that Sherlock always claims that he's married with work.

---

"Are you sure it's safe?" you asked Sherlock as you peered through the door of the train's compartment.

Well, yeah, Holmes managed to drag you in another case of his, which ended up in the three of you being searched by the Scotland Yard all over London, and now you were on a train, trying to run out of England.

"Yes, they left" Watson assured you.

You walked out of the compartment, and the three of you walked back in your compartment.

Since you had to run away unnoticed, all of you were disguised as a family.

You had to wear a fake nose, and your hair was dyed blonde, Watson was pretending to be your father, and Holmes was pretending to be your mother.

"Holmes, I swear, when this is over with, I'll kill you" you breathed out and sat down in your chair.

"Oh, we'll be fine. I know a place where we'll settle until this madness is over" he said confidently, lighting his pipe.

"Where?" Watson asked curiously.

"Mycroft's home in Switzerland. It's the safest place I know" Sherlock concluded.

TIMESKIP.

Mycroft's house, Switzerland 11:45 pm

You, Holmes, Watson and Mycroft were all in the living room, enjoying a cup of hot tea, and watching the snow as it fell on the ground, covering it with a white, fluffy blanket.

"So, how long are you planning to stay here, Shirley?" Mycroft asked.

"I don't know. It could be days, it could be months. We need to stay away from England, at least until the waters calm down" Holmes said.

"How did you ended up dragged into this, Y/N?" Mycoft asked you.

"How I always end up dragged in his problems: he asks me to help" you muttered and took a sip of your tea.

"Well, I think I should go get some sleep. I know when I'm beat" Holmes said, seating up, "Good night" he said, and left the room, not even sparing you a glance.

You watched as he left, looking after him until he disappeared from the view, then looked down at your feet, sighing sadly.

"Y/N... can I talk to you for a second?" Watson asked, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"I'll leave the two of you alone"Mycroft said and left the room, exiting through the same door his little brother did.

"How are you feeling?" Watson asked, looking at you

"Pretty good. Why?" 

"You don't seem to be pretty good. I saw your face. You still didn't get over him, did you?" 

"No, not quite"

"You know, I talked to him"

"About what?"

"About you"

"And what did he say?" you asked, hopeful.

"He said that he's not interested. He said that you're very beautiful, but he doesn't feel the same way" Watson announced, looking apologetically at you.

"Oh... I see" you nodded sadly, trying to keep the tears that formed in your eyes from falling down your red cheeks.

"I'm sorry Y/N" Watson said, stroking your hair,

"No... it's okay. I should've know better... how did I even hoped that he'll ever like me?" you sniffed.

"Oh, God, Y/n, I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say" John sighed

"It doesn't matter now. I'll be okay" you said as you sat up, "Thanks for talking with me John''you smiled and headed towards your room.

<--------------------------------------------------------->

A/N: This was a request from @nightlife94. I don't really like the ending, but meh... Please tell me if you'd like something to be changed.

For those who commented on my 'Time to choose' A/N, I will be writing the following: 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7. I, however, don't know how long it will take for them to be up, but I'd say a few day, maximum a week.

Love, Liv

Word count: 1267