Lawyer(2)-Hank x reader

It was 19.30, one more hour and you'd be free to go home.

After Hank left the store, an awful rain began outside. That attracted even more clients, making a bigger profit.

Your colleague, Olivia (LOL, I'm your colleague), was cleaning the counter while you were cleaning the tables.

You suddenly heard the door bell ringing, and saw Hank, the handsome man from earlier entering the store.

Olivia nudged you lightly in the ribs and nodded towards the counter, smirking like an idiot.

You gave her a pointed look and walked behind the counter.

Outside was still raining, and people were still in the store, drinking tea and sheltering themselves from the vicious rain.

''Hi Hank. What can I get you?'' you asked and smiled.

''Give me a hot, peach tea, please'' he smiled back, almost involuntary.

His hair was wet and water was dripping down his face, down his neck.

''Sure. That would be 7,55$ please'' you said and handed him the tea.

He paid for the tea, and you handed him a clean, warm towel.

''I think you need this'' you smiled 

''Thanks'' he smiled and walked towards a table and sat down.

He began drying his hair with the towel you gave him.

Suddenly, the door bell rang and you saw Derek, your ex husband entering the store. He was was drunk. He smelt like he was soaked in alcohol.

You froze in your spot, not being able to move or say something.

''Olivia, I'm going outside for a moment, alright?'' you said, turning to the ginger woman.

''Sure. Be careful'' she nodded reluctantly, and you headed outside, with Derek following you.

It was still raining, but you sheltered yourselves under the eaves.

Hank saw your dark expression, and watched you walking outside, with furrowed eyebrows.

''What do you want?!'' you snapped in the moment you stepped outside.

''I came to apologize. Please baby, I want you back'' Derek said, his words were slurred, and he reached out to touch your face, but you slapped his hand.

''Don't touch me. I already told you, we're done! I want you to leave!'' you said, angry

''Come on, babe, I know you love me. Don't be like that'' he smirked in mockery

''Don't call me 'babe'. You lost that right when you broke my ribs, you asshole'' you growled back.

''Haa... you took your 'bitch pills' today''

That was enough to make you boil in anger.

You slapped him across his face, sending him a step back. He cupped his cheek and looked at you for a second before he grabbed your wrist in a painful way.

''You bitch! You are mine only!'' Derek yelled in anger, tightening his grip on your wrist.

''Let me go!'' you squirmed, but it was useless, he was too strong.

Tears formed in your eyes from so much pain, and you were sure your hand was already purple.

He lifted his hand, ready to deliver a sharp slap across your face, and you closed your eyes, ready for the hit.

But it never came.

You slowly opened your eyes and saw Hank gripping Derek's hand tightly.

''Let her go, pal'' Hank spat, glaring at Derek

''Who the fuck are you?'' Derek spit out

''My name is not your problem. Now go, or I will become your problem'' Hank spat, tightening his grip on Derek's hand.

''Okay, just let go of my hand and I'll leave'' Derek said letting go of your hand.

Hank took his hand off Derek's, but with his both hands free now, Derek tried to punch Hank.

He blocked it and punched him back, sending Derek a few steps back.  

Derek punched Hank, then Hank caught his hands and twisted them strongly, making Derek bent in pain.

He let go of Derek's hands, and he scrambled away, running like a scarred cat.

Cheers were heard from inside the store, obviously people watched the whole scene.

''Are you alright?'' Hank asked, stepping closer and taking your hurt hand in his.

''My hand hurts a lot'' you said and wiped your tears with your hand.

''Who was that guy?'' he asked, concerned.

''My ex husband... he... he's very aggressive'' you sniffed, taking your hand out of his.

''Did you filed complaints?'' Hank asked, looking at you.

''Yes... but the police won't do anything''

''Look, I am a lawyer. I can help you with this. I can send him in jail for what he did. You just have to tell me the whole story''

''B-but I can't afford to pay you'' 

''You don't have to pay me. Just let me help you'' he nodded

''Are you sure? That's really a lot'' 

''Very sure. Now, let's take you home'' he said, turning towards his car.

''I-I can't. My shift is not over yet'' 

''I'm sure your colleague will understand if we talk to her''

He walked with you back in the store, where Olivia rushed to your side, worried.

''Oh my god! Y/N, are you alright?'' she asked

''I'm fine. I just need to go home'' you said

''Of course. I'll cover up for you'' she said and handed you your bag.

''Thanks Liv'' you waved and walked outside with Hank.

He opened you the door to your car and rushed on the other side, entering the car as well, and drove off.

''Where should I drop you?'' he asked, after a minute of silence.

''221 A, St John street'' you answered.

''Look, I really want to help you with that guy. But you'll have to tell me more, alright?'' he asked, paying attention to the road.

You nodded, and turned your head towards the window.

<---------------------------------------------------->

A/N: 3rd part coming up! LOL, I am your work colleague, and Derek's a jerk  -.-

Word count: 953