Insecurities-Hank x reader

When it came to you and Lauren, Hank was capable of absolutely everything in his power to protect and provide you with you everything. He always claimed that it's man's job to keep his family safe, to be the one they relied on, to be there for financial and moral support and to be the strong base in the family. That's what he learned from his father, the great judge Joseph Palmer.

You always showed him your love, support, respect and admiration for him, just because he deserved it. He was strong, calculated, serious, understanding, he was also very gentle and loving, and he was willing to do everything in his power to make his family happy.

Yet, you weren't like any other woman, the woman who finds a man when he's already established, no. You've been a part of Hank's struggle, you survived the chaos that was in his life and helped him get to his feet and realize what was happening around him, and, when Hank gathered himself off the ground, the two of you built an empire together, and you helped him become the man he was. 

A man of honor.

But, we know that every man, even if they seem so strong and unbreakable, has his insecurities.

Hank's were one of the worsts. Even if he trusted you the most, and he told himself that you and Lauren wouldn't leave him, there was always a little voice in the back of his mind that told him otherwise.

---

You were suddenly woke up by Hank, shifting and turning in the bed, over and over. You rubbed your eyes, and reached out to stroke his bare back.

"Hank...'' you whispered careful, not to startle him.

"Gaah!" he suddenly jolted to wakefulness, panting and sweating.

"Hank, you okay?" you asked as you sat up and hugged his back.

"Yeah, just... just a nightmare" he sighed and wiped his sweat with his hand.

"Again?" you asked as you sat up properly to look him in the eye.

"Again" he nodded.

"What was it about this time?" you asked as you gently stroked his hair.

"Same old, same old" he sighed

"Oh, God... Hank... do you think I would leave you?" you asked serious

"I... I don't know" he shrugged, looking towards the mattress.

"Where did you get this idea? I would never, ever leave you! I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else. We have a family together, we're married, and we have a daughter. A daughter that loves you a lot" you said, looking at him,"You are enough for me, and I would never want someone else in my life but you. Do you understand me?" you asked, placing your hands on each of his cheeks, making him look in your eyes.

"No matter what happens, I will always be there for you. No matter. I know you want to be the strong one in this family, but even you need someone to rely on. That's why we married. No matter what we'll always be here for each other" you said, and he nodded

"I love you Hank" you finished

"I love you Y/n" he smiled and kissed you deeply.

---

The next morning, you woke up with an empty bed, a sticky note from Hank on your forehead.

'I am a pencil, and you are a highlighter. I drew my world, and you made it brighter' the note read.

You smiled and placed the note on the nightstand. He only wrote those syrupy notes in college, when the two of you met.

You took the note and headed towards the living room, where Hank was drinking his coffee.

"Hank, you adorable goofball" you laughed as you skipped down the stairs, towards the arms of your loving husband.

.

.

.

You always knew that Hank was a great man, and you always relied on him, and vice versa. You took a small disaster, and transformed him into the man he is today. A respected man, a man who doesn't fear for the consequences of his own actions, a man who loves and cherishes his family, a man who is not afraid to admit his faults and regrets, a man who is not afraid of commitment, a man who will forever stand by your side. 

A man of honor.

<----------------------------------------->

A/N: I don't know what the f is this, but I hope you guys liked it!

Word count: 765