Make up- Hank Palmer x reader.

A/N: Y/M/N: your mother's name.
----

It was a normal day in Chicago.

The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, caressing the Earth with his warm rays. Everything was perfect.

Or so it seemed.

----

You were pissed. No, pissed doesn't describe how you felt, you were boiling with anger, and you felt like the devil himself will pop out of your skin and destroy everything in its way.

No, it wasn't one of those special days, when everything you needed was a nice movie and a ton of chocolate, no.

You were pissed with Hank.

He worked a lot lately, and I mean A LOT.

More than he usually did. He ignored you all the time, he wasn't hugging you, nor kissing you, and you barely talked to each other. He even turned you down on sex, which never happened before.

Maybe you gained weight? Or maybe you were too skinny? Maybe your hair was too long? Or too short?

You didn't know what was wrong with you, but you felt like there certainly was something.

He didn't compliment you anymore, which he did every morning before he left for work, and every night when he came back.

Something was wrong. Very wrong.

Maybe he was having an affair? No, that couldn't be. Hank wouldn't cheat on you... or, would he?

It was a beautiful, sunny Friday morning in Chicago.

You woke up and prepared for the day, you had a few errands to run that day. Mostly for Hank and Lauren.

You woke Lauren up and prepared her clothes while she showered, and helped her prepare her schoolbag. 

You went in the kitchen and made breakfast for her and Hank. You weren't that hungry, so you skipped breakfast that day.

You made lunch for your daughter, and put it in her backpack.

While you drank your coffee and read the news on the tablet, Lauren skipped down the stairs and sat down to eat her breakfast.

''Eat slower honey, you'll hiccup.'' You said, patting her head.

''I don't have time to eat, mom! Daddy promised me he'll drive me to school!'' she said excited.

''Oh, he did didn't he?'' you asked, remembering the last time he promised and didn't keep his word.

''Yeah! And he'll pick me up and take me to grandma Y/M/N to spend the weekend with her!'' 

''Eat your breakfast, honey. I'm going to talk to daddy, okay?'' you said and walked upstairs to your shared bedroom.

''Hank?'' you asked when you entered the room.

You found your husband in front of the mirror, trying to fix his tie.

When he saw you, he turned around and looked at you.

''Did you promise Lauren something?'' you asked, crossing your arms over your chest.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and you sighed.

''You promised her that you'll take her to school, that you'll pick her up and that you'll take her to grandma Y/M/N for the weekend'' you said.

He covered his face with his hands, ''Oh, I forgot. Dammit''

''Hank this is the 3rd time this week. She needs you. We need you. What's wrong with you? Where are you all the time? Are... are you seeing someone else?'' you asked, sadly.

''What? No, of course not. How could you even think about that? Look, I'm sorry honey, I'm just... I'm busy with work. I have a new case, and it's a lot of work to do.  Look, I don't have time to talk right now, but I promise I'll make it up to you, okay?'' he said, hugging you.

You sighed deeply, and rested your head on his chest.

''Please, keep your promises to Lauren'' you said.

''I will. Did you packed her bag for the weekend?'' he asked, looking down at you.

''Yeah, it's in your car'' you said and pulled away from the hug.

''Alright. Look, after I take Lauren to grandma, I'll cancel the meeting and come home to spend time with you''

''You promise?'' 

''Pinky swear'' he joked and held his finger in the air, like Lauren did sometimes.

''Alright Mr Palmer'' you chuckled lightly and kissed him.

''Daddy! We'll be late! Come on!'' Lauren yelled from outside.

''Your daughter is waiting for you. Go, daddy'' you smiled kissing him again.

You and Hank went outside, where Lauren was waiting next to the car.

''Come on dad!'' Lauren said.

''Coming honey'' Hank said and turned to you.

He kissed you again, and you heard your daughter laughing.

''Eww, gross!'' 

''Oh, you saw us, you little spy!'' Hank said and ran to Lauren, picking her up and spinning her around.

''Bye mom!'' Lauren said as she entered the car.

''Bye mom!'' Hank imitated her and waved at you.

''Bye! Have a nice day you two!'' you said as you waved at both of them.

TIMESKIP

It was 20.45 when you finished what you had to do.

You parked your car and walked towards the door, unlocking it.

You closed the door behind you and dropped your bag on the floor.

When  you stepped in the living room, you were pleasantly surprised.

The room was lighted by candles, two glasses of wine were on the table and Hank was waiting for you on the couch, smiling.

''Told you I'll make it up to you'' he said, standing up and walking towards you.

''Hmm... I think you're far from it'' you smirked, kissing him.

''Well, I have to show you then'' he smiled and kissed you back.

And boy, did he make it up to you that night.

<--------------------------->

A/N: I really enjoyed writing this.

I hope you liked it.

Love, Liv.

Word count:1004